NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR + More : )

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:20 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Bud Shootout + More : )

[align=center]Duane, & Members,[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I think a person that has a famous last name, or[/align][align=center]famous father has the advantage of getting doors[/align][align=center]opened that would be closed to others,[/align][align=center]but[/align][align=center]I believe that once the door is opened, that you have[/align][align=center]to prove that you are capable of doing the `job.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Even though Dale `Jr, is not my favorite NASCAR[/align][align=center]driver, I believe that he has the inherited talent of[/align][align=center]his father. I strongly believe that he will Win a[/align][align=center]NASCAR Championship in his racing career.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I know he's a better driver then me, is he better then you ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I'd trade him positions in a heartbeat : )[/align][align=center]I think Little `E is off to a great start this year.[/align][align=center]Yes, Time will write the History of Little `E.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Earnhardt won the Budweiser Shootout and also won his Gatorade Duel qualifying race. He was the top finisher for Hendrick in the Daytona 500, placing ninth. [/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I think Dale `Jr is following inhis father's[/align][align=center]RaceTracks...[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 02-22-2008, 10:04 AM

[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]Right on SpaceRider.....This disdain for the next driver who knocks off the King of the Hill is a proven fact.....DW was hated after he dethroned "The King"....Earnhardt was hated after he dethroned DW....Jeff Gordon was hated when he began dethroning Earnhardt....and now people are already disliking Little E because he is beginning his journey to the CUP.....

Old 02-22-2008, 10:42 AM

Alot of Nascar fans also take an instant dislike to Jr. because they did not like his father. That I will never understand....Other than a last name there are very few similarities,on and off the track. I will always be a Big E fan. I have been a Jr. fan since his days in the Busch Series. No driving talent eh. I remember back to back Busch Championships in '98 & '99!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 12:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Once again and again and again...I am not Jr. fan.

But common sense doesn't stop me from noticing his potential.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:47 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Earnhardt is atleast somewhat talented... he's better than some guys... but I strongly believe that Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Kevin Harvick, Tony Stewart, Matt Kenseth,Kurt Buschand even Carl Edwards (though my opinion on this one may be slightly biased) are all better drivers than Little E.

The guy I said didn't have talent was Kerry Earnhardt.

Dale Jr. is proabbly the most popular driver ever for what little he has accomplished. 17 wins in 8 years of full time driving. No championships. He's even missed the chase a couple of times. He is more popular now than his dad ever was. Richard Petty, Dale Sr., David Pearson, Cale Yarborough... they all earned their fanbaseby winning races andchampionships.

If one were to make a "popularity by accomplishment" ratio for all of NASCAR drivers, Dale Jr. would be far ahead of anyone... in any era.

Dale Jr. earned his fan base by his last name.... and only 17 wins.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:30 PM

[align=center]I think many race car drivers would love to have this profile[/align][align=center](I sure would : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Driver Profile[/align][align=center][:-]
[/align][align=center]DaleEarnhardt Jr
Position: Driver
11th year in racing
1st year with Hendrick
[/align]
[align=center]
Career Highlights
[:-]

[/align]
[align=center]Dale Earnhardt Jr. is a third-generation driver in a family forever connected to the sport of stock-car racing, and while his innate ability behind the wheel comes from Earnhardt DNA, his competitive driving style and keen business sense are all his own. His flare for originality and common-sense charisma has helped propel him to one of the most popular figures in sports. Race fans have selected him five times as the winner of NASCAR’s Most Popular Driver award, joining Richard Petty and Bill Elliott as the only drivers to win it five consecutive seasons since 1956. His appeal is not limited to race fans, as he has appeared numerously on Harris Interactive’s annual polling of America’s Top 10 Favorite Athletes, frequenting lists with such names as Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Brett Favre, and Derek Jeter.[/align][align=center][/align][center]
The 2008 season marks Dale Jr.’s ninth in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competition. Through 2007, the 32-year-old native of Kannapolis, N.C., has amassed more than $46 million in career winnings (WOW)and 17 victories, including the 2004 Daytona 500. His 17 victories rank him 39th on NASCAR’s all-time race winners list. He also has four “non-points†or all-star wins, and seven pole positions.

Dale Jr. is the only third-generation NASCAR champion, achieved when he won the 1998 and 1999 Nationwide Series titles. He follows his legendary father, Dale Earnhardt, a seven-time Cup champion and winner of 76 races. His grandfather, Ralph Earnhardt, was the 1956 NASCAR Sportsman champion, and in 2007 was posthumously inducted into the National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame. Both his father and grandfather were selected among NASCAR’s 50 greatest drivers of all-time in 1999. All together, the three Earnhardts account for 10 NASCAR championships.

[b][font="times new roman"][size=4]Until 2008, Dale Jr.’s career as a full-time driver was solely within the confines of the family-owned business, Dale Earnhardt Inc., in which he accumulated 39 victories in the Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series from 1998-2007. But the 2008 season marked one of significant change, as Earnhardt made the boldest decision of his young career by signing with renowned team-owner Rick Hendrick to drive the No. 88 Chevrolets for Hendrick Motorsports. High-powered sponsorship deals soon followed, as Pepsi-Cola’s Mountain Dew AMP brand and the Army National Guard agreed to a co-primary sponsorship with Hendrick Motorsports to partner with Dale Jr. and the No

Old 02-22-2008, 04:56 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lots of drivers have a profile that good.... and even better. Sure, I'd like to have that kind of talent.... but I guarantee I wouldn'th ave the following that Jr. does if I did have it. Does that answer the question you've asked about 8 times now 'Space [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM

[align=center]Iwas taught:`If you don't have anything good to say about someone,[/align][align=center]don't say anything at all. That's `all.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I have nothing ~>to say._______________![/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/F01B386BE56F4FFD9F890F561F600285.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/ED1ACCADAE43482B8FF485A9937E76E2.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-23-2008, 09:28 AM

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]I'm with you SpaceRider !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif]

Old 02-23-2008, 09:41 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: charleyskinart

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]I'm with you SpaceRider !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]LOL `Charley, thanks 4 your post : )[/align][align=center]You can get in2 a lot of trouble`Surf'in the MCF with `Space : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please send donations to `Space's College Fund : )[/align][align=center]& Monte Sav'in Account : )

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/E5DF4FDF5C7649F0BC8F8C97FE92CA83.jpg[/IMG] [/align]