NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR + More : )

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Default RE: Bud Shootout + More : )

Bill was voted Most Popular because he was a Gentlemen Driver. He didnt need to put someone in a wall to win a race he just won them. Cheating may be the wrong word for Dale Sr. I guess he should be called a dirty driver and I could never respect that.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:52 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bill Elliott was winning that award in the late 90's when he drove the number 94 Ford for himself and finished in the top 10 twice a year. i never did understand that... but then again, i was only about 10-11 at the time

Old 02-18-2008, 07:52 PM

Well said Cowboy6622!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 05:23 AM

And Now Jr is getting those votes and he also is not winning points races and has missed the Chase two years running so do you undersand that one? If you did not grow up watching Bill race you will never understand.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

If you did not grow up watching Bill race you will never understand.
[:-]
"I will never understand" ?
It's beyond my mental comprehension : )

Old 02-19-2008, 06:41 AM

5 Year Member

x2 here 'Space.....

Old 02-22-2008, 01:28 AM

So you are saying Big E was a dirty driver and Little E is following in his daddy footsteps ?????? let me get this right, correct me if I am wrong, but your opinion is a driver who is aggressive and pushes the envelope is a "dirty driver" or in your other words a CHEATER .....It seems to me, you fit right into the modern era of aNASCAR fan... I have stopped going to the races because of the direction the "Post Earnhardt Era"has gone,the politically correctness ofNASCAR racing and the fear of bigmoney sponserships being lost for showing ones anger, or not agreeing with the King of NASCAR "Brian France" or just plain old racing what you bring to the track like it used to be will keep mefrom spending money on a NASCAR that doesn't resemble anything thatI remember....GREED and MONEY is how you spell NASCAR......

Old 02-22-2008, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]Thanks `Charley for your `true words post.[/align][align=center]I enjoy the good old boy localshort track racing more then [/align][align=center]NASCAR, plus I can still afford to attend.[/align][align=center]Found a good post on Jim's Garage on this subject.[/align][align=center]Site below[/align][align=center][:-][/align]
[:-]Click `it [:-]
[align=center]http://jimsgarage.wordpress.com/2008...ned-to-racing/[/align]

Old 02-22-2008, 06:44 AM

I never said Jr was following in his fathers footsteps. He just capitalized on the name. His driving skills are still questionable imo. Yes if he didnt know how to drive he wouldnt be in the car but as far as ever winning a championship I dont see that happening in his career. If not for his last name he would never have the fan base that he does.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:37 AM

5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

Yes if he didnt know how to drive he wouldnt be in the car but as far as ever winning a championship I dont see that happening in his career. If not for his last name he would never have the fan base that he does.
RIGHT ON. Earnhardt has more support now than his daddy ever had. And it's all because of his last name.

I remember when I was at the Winston (now the "All-Star Challenge") in 2001, we got an arca race that afternoon as a "pre race entertainment" show. When they announced Kerry Earnhardt and introduced him to the crwod, they wentnuts. I mean where only a small group cheered each driver, everyone jumped up and cheered like hell because of hte last name Earnhardt. This man was fired by his own mother a couple years later becasue he crashed SO MANY Busch cars. BTW, Kerry Earnhardt crashed right in front where we were sitting in turn 2.

If it wasn't for the last names... I know Kerry would have never went anywhere. As far as I know, he still runs ARCA. Probably crashes every other week too.

Quick Reply: NASCAR + More : )