NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR + More : )

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default RE: Bud Shootout + More : )

Name one that's NEVER cheated or pushed the envelope.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:07 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: dustybird3

Name one that's NEVER cheater or pushed the envelope.
[/align][align=center]`Amen [/align][align=center]"Thou shall not judge the son, by the past acts of the father" `Space08[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We can respectfully agree, to dis-Agree : )[/align][align=center]Isn't it Super, to be `free 2 `be.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Peace/Out[/align][align=center][/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/837460397E68416A958FA41CAB5CF54A.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-10-2008, 09:20 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]I think Dale Sr, is proud of his son [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Green used to be Bad Luck in Rac'in,[/align][align=center]but it is the color of Money $$$$[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 02-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Photobucket

I know I sure would hate to be held responsible for what my dad did. It would not be nice, he was a lieing, cheating, gambling drunk. He skipped out on my life when I was three.
None of them are perfect and neither was Dale but he also did a lot for the sport.

And Space, I know he's proud of Jr.
They ALL, even yucky Montoya,have to have exceptional talent or they wouldn't be there.
Did anyone notice how much weight Tony gained in three months? And what's with the hair?

Old 02-10-2008, 09:51 AM

[align=center]Hi Becky,[/align][align=center]We can't choose our parents, but we can choose our[/align][align=center]friends. I don't know who my father is, or where[/align][align=center]he is at ? I am my own person, as you are yours.[/align][align=center]________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Tony Stewart to me always looks like he needs[/align][align=center]a shower, & a shave : )[/align][align=center]__________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It seems to me that NASCAR image changed after[/align][align=center]the death of Dale Sr...., it got commercial, &[/align][align=center]the Big Dollars came into NASCAR : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I liked it when it was the good ole boys : )[/align][align=center]Now, because of the money involved, it seems like[/align][align=center]every racer in the World wants in NASCAR[/align][align=center]______________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I don't like the Car of the NOW : ([/align][align=center]I wish it could be like the IROC Races, but with stock[/align][align=center]cars like the new Camaro's, Challenger's, Mustang's[/align][align=center]with factory modifications & a limit on how[/align][align=center]much could be invested in each Factory Race Car.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Now, it seems like the team with the most money &[/align][align=center]cars has the advantage....I still like Racing, but I [/align][align=center]would like it better `if the cars were more realistic[/align][align=center]to what we drive on the streets....like the old times.[/align][align=center]______________________________[/align][align=center]Just my $2,000 dollar opinion : )I was going to[/align][align=center]say my 2cents worth, but inflation has changed that.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I see more great racing at theGo-Kart tracks for so much[/align][align=center]less : ) Peace/Out Space[/align]

Old 02-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Photobucket

I couldn't agree more Space. I don't like the new format or cars. I liked it more back when the cars looked like street cars, now they all look the same. Motors are basically the same too. Might as well be IROC.

My son used to race go karts

Old 02-10-2008, 10:54 AM

it was nice to see JR win i hope he wins again this year.im sure he willl........it was nice to see him happy big smile on his face...i picked one driver years ago ......JEFF GORDON ........wish he could win all the time ....but theres 43 drivers a race.....so im a NASCAR FAN.....may the best win that day.......

Old 02-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Photobucket

Well said Manny. I picked my driver many years ago too, around '83ish when I started watching NASCAR. One guess who that might've been, . It was only natural to support his son after "that" day.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:15 AM

For me, NASCAR started changing long beforeBig Edied....I remember going to Bristol and camping for free, and being able to walk around outside the track and talk to the guys in the haulers 3 or 4 days before the races....now you can't get too close after the track closes.....camping runs around $200 and $5 per shower.....I have 2 sets of seats but only sell them and don't go anymore....Bristol changed to no smoking effective this year, sonow my wife would not attend even if I payed her....Charlotte camping used to be free, and you could camp all around the track, now VIP parking takes up alot of what used to be camping and I haven't been since 98 so I don't know how much the fee is for camping....I am going to start going to dirt track racing, since I live near (50 miles from) Bulls Gap....the world fastest 1/2 mile dirt track....all the big boys come and it is alot like old times. MONEY AND GREED spells NASCAR. I stillcheer for Little E....[:@][:@]

Old 02-11-2008, 06:41 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Earnhardt was opposed to big changes... he said NASCAR ahd a good, working formula, and it should not be changed just to try to bring in more bucks. I agree with him now. I see Dale Sr. as being STRONGLY opposed to this COT.

I used to be a Tony fan.. until 2002 when he started being a real jerk, or atleast hwen I noticed he was that way. I do not like that hair either.

NASCAR claims that this year, they think htey have made enough changes, and they will not be making anymore large changes for a little while. We'll see how long that holds up. NASCAR said taht when drivers get to be misbehaving too much, they would crack down. But they are going to lighten up on that and let the drivers be more of themselves this year as well. Thye claim that passions are part of NASCAR, and they will begin ot let the passionate fights go to an extent. (I think this might have something ot do iwth the spiraling ratings because of the Harvick/Montoya battle at Wakins Glen)

BTW, did you guys hearthe rumors about how Tony Stewart and Kurt Busch had a discussion in the NASCAR hauler that got "physically escalated"? They talked about this in the pre-race to the Bud Shootout.

O, and 'Space, due to inflation, a picture is now worth TWO thousand words. o.O

Quick Reply: NASCAR + More : )