NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Member's Picks for Bristol 3/20/11

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 05:38 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

NASCAR will no doubt pull the passing card out on this race. How many more passes there were than the old car and old surface.... well I say quality over quantity, if you want me to see passing, sell me a ticket on I-81 somewhere then. It was better than some of the previous races here with the new surface, but still... the track is ruined, I was focusing more on fixing my neighbors computer during the race than actually watching it. Martinsville is now my favorite short track. Fontana is next week, it's even worse. I'll probably spend most of the race outside working on the bed of this '73 F-100 for these friends of ours. I'm getting paid for it.. .not much, but I'm doing it more as a favor, and I'm sort of lucky to just to have something to get money out of. Anyways, it's a really predictable track next week... and I suspect that teh points will stay pretty close barring a bunch of engine failures or a big wreck on a restart, the engines being somewhat common problems at a place like Fontana, and a big wreck just a surprise like Phoenix. I'm waiting for Texas now.... but on to Fontana!

The stats thread was updated... along with correcting the mistakes by the last 3 positions, the people who participated in Daytona but haven't been here since... it was a weird way I did the formulas on my spreadsheet that made that error.

Edit: PS, NASCAR.com has a poll going... "Is Kyle Busch the best driver in NASCAR." I voted yes... he's talented, a-hole or not. The thing is though, why is NASCAR.com jumping on the band wagon of every race winner? "Trevor Bayne the next big thing" (he could be the next Derrick Cope or Pete Hamilton of this sport), "Jeff Gordon back in championship form, is the Drive for 5 Alive for Jeff" and then Carl Edwards won last week.... "Carl Edwards posed to challenge the 48 this year." And now Kyle Busch wins Bristol... "Kyle is the best driver in NASCAR" Shove it up your asses, NASCAR.com

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 03-20-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well I'm in last place of the regular participants.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:21 PM

5 Year Member

Yeah, you started hot with that win in the Shootout... what's happening buddy???

A catch up on the Jennifer Jo Cobb thing... heres an article concerning what happened, a video is up too of her reaction.

Cobb, 2nd Chance part ways after Bristol conflict | NASCAR Nationwide Series

What happened was they had discussed it and decided to run a conservative race to make sure they had a car to run in California. Then the team owner apparently decides last minute to just start and park the car after he let her buy tires for the race. This guy is so poor his driver has to buy her own tires, and he's such a pisspoor organizer of a team that he has one car??? Really? Then she apparently agreed to park the car if she would run it in California, and he apparently tells her that she isn't going to race, so she just walks off and doesn't start the race. She's a lot nicer than I am... I would have started the car with a sly grin and put it in the wall as soon as I had a wide enoug hopening not to take out another car.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:34 PM

lol yeaaa still leading :p

Old 03-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm happy, I moved up 1 spot in the standings!

Old 03-20-2011, 11:24 PM

Lost by 1 point! LMAO!!! Oh well, see u in Cally. Nice job. Recount? lol

Last edited by carlm54stl; 03-20-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:13 AM

Congrat's `Duane for being #1..U R living `up 2 your title 4-Sure..

I didn't get a chance to watch or listen to the Race , but I think I should STOP picking who I want to win, & start picking who I think might win : )

Thanks everyone for playing/picking...There's always next week, isn't there ? What `if ?

Old 03-21-2011, 05:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

^ what Kid said

Old 03-21-2011, 07:58 AM

5 Year Member

IT was close... the closest race we've had, and I double checked everything before posting up... which is why it took a little longer than usual this week to get them up. The points are getting closer and closer too!!! (at the top, anyway)

Old 03-21-2011, 01:57 PM

I was 1 position off in my 3 picks, lol. Nice job Cowboy.

Quick Reply: Member's Picks for Bristol 3/20/11