NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Member's Picks for Bristol 3/20/11

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 07:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Member's Picks for Bristol 3/20/11

about time to get it going.

Last edited by 77gp; 03-15-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: 2 add picks
Old 03-14-2011, 10:35 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

And it's only Monday. Want me to make another thread, we could use this one.... I see on NASCAR.com that Bristol is unlikely to sell out this Sunday.... wonder why.... *cough* Brian France *cough* new banking *cough* COT *cough* etc.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

We can use this one, I remembered only certain pepes were suppose to start the thread.

1. Kevin Harvick
2. Kurt Busch
3. Jeff Gordon

13 cautions, last place Carl Edwards.

Hopefully, this race will make up for the lost week and be better than the last one.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 AM

5 Year Member

mmmm, bold claims on that last place pick. I do think the Michael McDowells, Kevin Conways, and the like cna park their cars before Carl Edwards could ever wreck or blow an engine though... but I like the bold pick I'm not too strict about enforcing some of the rules.. but I do want something to fall back on if there is a problem. For instance, if someone jumps up and makes 4 picks.... nope, can't do that. I don't really like rules and procedures, but I put them there for anyone who does. If you want it to be more clear, you can edit your title by clicking edit on your first post, then going to advanced and putting "Picks for" in there.... but that's it.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 PM

5 Year Member

Well, NASCAR is all about a "what have you done for me lately" kind of thing.. Jeff Gordon used to be really good here, but hasn't won here in years to my knowledge, and hasn't been that big of a shot since they rebanked it a few years back. Therefore, I'm looking at who is. Carl Edwards ran extremely well here the first couple of times after they rebanked it.. but at night time. The day race at Bristol has never been his thing. Kyle Busch loves this place, and he has been the King of Bristol here lately. The 2 car was a traditionally strong pick on short tracks, especially Bristol, ofr years, and Kurt Busch continued that reign... but now that's Keselowskis car. Kurt Busch was good here when he drove the 97 for Jack Roush too, though. Jimmie Johnson won here last year, and seems to have picked the place up finally... but he's kind of hit and miss. Mark Martin is consistent here, but doesn't really run up front and win that much here. But he's got the experience required... and what about Dale Earnhardt, Jr? That guy seems to know how to get around Bristol... won here years ago, and seems to have a decent finish at the end every time, and lets face it... he's off to a hot start this year!!!! The man might actually be able to drive!!! Will the luck snap here, like it has in the past, or will he and Steve Letarte keep the good times rolling? Stewart has been good this year, and he usually doesn't get hot until summer time (PUN!)

And there are some paybacks in the books for this thing too!!! Remember Harvick wrecking Kyle Busch last year at Homestead in the final laps? What about Edwards and Busch? Is Kyle Busch's number up at Bristol? Plus... JGR engines haven't exactly shown any of htat Toyota reliability this year... Logano blew up at Phoenix, then Kyle Busch at Las Vegas... hmmmm

Well, for this one, I'm going down with...

1) Kyle Busch
2) Kurt Busch
3) Carl Edwards

Let the fun begin!

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 03-15-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:18 AM

Hi `Duane, I am constantly impressed with your knowledge about NASCAR 4-Sure. I will post my picks b-4 the start of the race...I have no idea who 2 pick..
Duane, check out the below Torino's super nice expensive 4-Sure
http://www.oldride.com/classic_cars/ford_torino.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU1dzNlYtZM
^^^Like the one on above vid ^^^^4-Sure
Posted 4 your entertainment Auto/Pleasures : )

Last edited by Space; 03-16-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:43 AM

5 Year Member

Haha, if I could get $30k for mine, that's about twice what I've got in it... I could sell mine and build a better one yet!!!!

Old 03-16-2011, 08:51 AM

Hi `Duane, U never know ? U just might get a super offer. They sure hold their value & I'm sure it will go up with time.
I did like the one in the video link I posted...
I wouldn't sell yours if it were mine, especially with all the hard work and love you put in2 yours 4-Sure...
(Sorry 4- the highJack, but your Torino deserves the space on this NASCAR Thread 4-Real : ) It's ready 4 the Track

Old 03-17-2011, 06:21 AM

Hi `Duane, `Brent, Jerry, and Nascar fans,
Where's Brent been ? I'm worried Do you think he's been out test driving VW's LOL (Brent let us know U R `OK).
========================================
Suggestion from `Space (What do U guys think ?)

1. Have one Thread for (Member's Nascar Picks Only for 3/20/11 (or the name of the Race)...

2. Have a 2nd Thread titled: Member's NASCAR `Blog for each Race when member's can post/talk about the race/drivers/track etc.
=========================================
This way the Picks will be on one thread & in the other member's could make their comments on the Race etc...
========================================
If U like the idea, just start it, and if U don't, just leave it like it is ? Your choices....Just a early morning idea that fell outa my head....
EnJoy the Race...I shall post my picks b-4 the Race...

Old 03-17-2011, 06:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm around, but have a hard time getting on the board for more then a few moments (I've been spending all my time trying to get the right flywheel for an '06 Jetta Diesel at work). Duane posted some great comments there and he's right: Junior is excellent at Bristol. But then Duane failed to pick him!

Junior has been on a crap team for a few years. And I can see Martin is in that spot now. In every race so far this year Martins car has gotten worse and worse as the race went on. That exactly what happened to Junior last year (when he was with Lance McGrew) and the result is poor finishes. Martin is hanging in there, but I read on Jayski that he would not be in the top 12 under the old points system. Inspite the crappy ride, Junior has always been salvaging great finishes at Bristol. Back when he drove for DEI (in its prime) he won a lot there and the track remains his best statistically. And now he's in a car that has been getting better as the race goes. LeTarte likes to make risky calls to try for wins. His call was bad in Vegas, were he dropped 4 spots on the last stop, under green, to take 4 tires (Pony was the only other in the top 10 to try this, but he had to). "Aggressive strategy" is bound to pay off eventually, and it hasn't been costing him too much to try, so I like this approach.

I'll be damned if Junior wins one and he wasn't in my picks. I haven't settled on my 3 yet, but you can be assured I'm picking Junior to win Sunday!

Last edited by JuniorCar; 03-17-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's Picks for Bristol 3/20/11