NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

BRISTROL + more

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Top Five +

Top Five +
1. Kyle Busch
2. Denny Hamlin
3. J. Johnson
4. Jeff Gordon
5. Kasey Kahne

6. Mark Martin
7. R. Newman
8. J. Burton

Old 03-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Question What did U think of the Race ?

I didn't get 2 watch the Race
but, I listened 2 it on the radio in the office

Dale Jr. was 14th, & Carl Edwards finished 15

I am not one of Kyle Busch's biggest fans, but I have to give the
guy credit for his talent & a super team/car.
That guy wins in everything he drives, plus he's a multi-multi
millionare.. Gett'in paid 2 have fun 4-$ure!!!!

Jeff Gordon, is still in the points leads.
I am sure that Super Mod WizKidd is happy : )
Will post final results ASAP
Next Week Martinvilles
Hope U R EnJoying your day

Old 03-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I knew I should have picked Busch in my pool. I took Mark Martin.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

WAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Arrow Race ReCap

Kyle Busch Dominates Bristol Half Mile & make MCF Super Mod WizKidd very `Happy

Posted by admin/MCF KidSpace in NewsNSCS Recap: Kyle Busch dominates in Bristol victory

Kyle Busch celebrates winning the Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway. The win was Busch’s 14th in his career and second at Bristol. (Photo credit: CIA STOCK PHOTO)
By Reid Spencer, Sporting News NASCAR Wire Service
BRISTOL, Tenn. (March 22, 2009) — You couldn’t blame Kyle Busch for believing Bristol Motor Speedway owed him a win in NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series.
After all, the driver of the No. 18 Toyota led 415 of 500 laps last August, only to finish second.
Busch didn’t wait for the .533-mile short track to take its time paying him back. Instead, he seized control of Sunday’s Food City 500, leading 378 laps en route to his second victory of the season.
Busch held off Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Denny Hamlin by .391 seconds in a green-white-checkered-flag finish that took the race to 503 laps, three beyond its scheduled distance. The win was Busch’s 14th in the Cup series and his 10th since joining JGR to start the 2008 season.
“It was just an overall great day,” said Busch, whose second victory at Bristol broke a streak of 13 wins at 13 different racetracks. “This place probably owes me a few, but you can never ask the racetrack to pay you back. You’ve just got to go out there and keep working at it. … Fortunately, we had a good enough car today.”
Jimmie Johnson ran third, matching his best result at Bristol (August 2004). Jeff Gordon expanded his lead in the points standings with a fourth-place finish, and Kasey Kahne ran fifth to collect the second Bristol top five of his career.
Polesitter Mark Martin, front-row starter Ryan Newman, Jeff Burton, Juan Pablo Montoya and Marcos Ambrose completed the top 10. Ambrose had never finished better than 17th in a Cup race on an oval track.
Hamlin, who was second for a restart on Lap 502 after the engine of JGR teammate Joey Logano blew to cause the ninth and final caution, said Busch’s ability to pull out to a significant lead on the short runs was the difference in the race.
“We had a good car,” said Hamlin, who gained six positions to eighth in the Cup standings. “It was extremely good on the long runs. It seemed like our car, we’d lose a little bit of ground to those guys—about a straightaway or so until about 100 laps. Then we’d come in.
“When we had that caution with about 50 or 60 laps to go (Lap 442 for Kevin Harvick’s brush with the Turn 4 wall), I knew it was going to be tough—unless we got off pit road first—to have anything for those guys. His car (Busch’s) just takes off so well.”
The final pit stop under caution, after Harvick’s accident, also cost Johnson any chance he might have had to win the race. After an abnormally slow stop, the No. 48 Chevrolet lost three positions in the pits and restarted fifth on Lap 450.
“We had a problem, I think, getting the left rear (tire) on,” Johnson said. “I’m not sure—I haven’t talked to (crew chief) Chad (Knaus) about it, but it didn’t sound to me like the jack went up high enough to get the left rear tire on.”
After another quick caution for David Stremme’s spin, Johnson restarted fifth on Lap 460 and managed to pass Martin and Kahne before Logano’s blown engine oiled the track and sent the race to overtime.
Notes: Brothers Kyle and Kurt Busch have combined to win three straight races for the second straight year. Kyle won at Las Vegas, Kurt at Atlanta and Kyle at Bristol. In 2008, the streak reached four races before the brothers failed to win. … Kyle Busch climbed three positions to fourth in the Cup standings, 85 points behind Gordon. Kurt Busch (11th Sunday) and Clint Bowyer (13th) are second and third, 76 and 79 points behind Gordon, respectively. … Logano’s No. 20 Toyota held on to a top-35 spot in owner points (34th), despite the driver’s 38th-place finish Sunday. The rookie driver has a guaranteed starting spot next Sunday at Martinsville.

Posted by admin in News
RACE RECAP | BRISTOL

I'm the Greatest, just ask me
10 Marcos Ambrose ran top 5 most of the day until a dropped cylinder
9 Juan Pablo Montoya
8 Jeff Burton
7 Ryan Newman safe for next weeks qualifying
6 Mark Martin also safe for next weeks qualifying
5 Kasey Kahne in the top 10 in points
4 Jeff Gordon keeps the points lead
3 Jimmie Johnson back in the top 10 in points, figured out Bristol
2 Denny Hamlin a JGR 1-2 finish
VICTORY LANE
1 For the 3rd week in a row a Busch has won, Kyle Busch goes to victory lane for the first time in his career he has multiple wins at a track. It’s Kyle’s second win of the season.

OTHER STORIES ON THE DAY
-John Andretti wrecks for caution number 1 <~ Should ReTire : )
-Todd Bodine wrecked by Waltrip, 8, 2, 29, 12, 20 involved
-McMurray spins a couple times
Greg Biffle cylinder down in his engine (DNF) : (
-Vickers cuts down a tire
Hendrick had 3 cars in top 6. Only one not is Dale Earnhardt Jr. in 14th. (Better then last : )
(Jr. sped on pit road saying jr: yall som b***** are fatiguing on me, yall aint got the same spunk. 3 lucky dogs)
-Harvick blows a tire, hits the wall that hurt
Ambrose running top 5 all day, dropped a cylinder salvages a 10th place
Joey Logano pounded the wall, and a few laps later, blows a motor with under 10 races to go
Scott Speed will need to qualify in on time next week in Martinsville

Old 03-23-2009, 05:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just wanted to add that that plug Paul Menard also will need to qualify on time.

And I don't think he'll make it (at Martinsville at anyway)