NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR Update 3/27/09

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow NASCAR Update 3/27/09

Five Wins in Four Straight Weeks for Kyle Busch

Talent continues to bubble from Kyle Busch and this past weekend was no exception at Bristol, he won his fifth NASCAR national series event in four straight weeks.
Weekly Wins Breakdown:
• 2/21/2009 – Double-header wins at Auto Club Speedway, winning both NASCAR Nationwide and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races in the same day.
• 3/01/2009 – Won at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
• 3/07/2009 – Won at Atlanta Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
• 3/22/2009 – Won at Bristol Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

Busch captured his 14th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victory and his second at Bristol (the first track where he has a repeat win) last weekend. He hasn’t shared the same success at Martinsville in the past but hopes to continue the streak of wins. Busch has posted three top fives and four top 10s in eight starts at Martinsville.
Read the rest of this entry »
Mar 26 2009

Johnson/Gordon Own Martinsville

Posted by admin in News
Johnson And Gordon = Supremacy At Martinsville

The Hendrick Motorsports tandem, four-time series champion Jeff Gordon and three-time series champion Jimmie Johnson, have dominated Martinsville Speedway, winning a combined nine of the last 12 events (Gordon, four; Johnson, five).
Gordon is setting the pace in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. As the standings leader, he has three top fives and four top 10s in the first five races. Though Gordon still is searching for his first win of the season, which also would snap his 46-race winless streak, he has a total of seven wins at Martinsville Speedway — the most of any active driver.
Currently ninth in the standings, Johnson had started the season slow but returned to top form last week, finishing third and moving up four spots in the points. Johnson, like his teammate, also has had success at Martinsville with five wins, including four in the last five races.
25th Anniversary to Hendrick Motorsports’ First Win
This weekend will mark the 25th anniversary of Hendrick Motorsports’ first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series win, at Martinsville Speedway. Geoffrey Bodine drove the No. 5 to victory there in 1984 giving owner Rick Hendrick his first series win.

Mar 25 2009

Drivers Meeting to be streamed live

Posted by admin in News

HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. – March 25, 2009 – Sprint (NYSE: S) announced exclusive access to a typically private race weekend tradition, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver/crew chief meeting. It is the first time in NASCAR’s 61-year history that race fans have been invited to listen live to the pre-race meeting between NASCAR officials, drivers and crew chiefs.
This one-time opportunity will be available to fans before the 25th running of the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race May 16 at Lowe’s Motor Speedway. The audio broadcast will be streamed exclusively on Sprint phones via NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM for customers away from the track and on NASCAR Sprint FanView for race fans at the track. The meeting audio will be available on NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile for repeat listening through the following week.
Mar 25 2009

10 Lap Shootout Added to All Star Race

Posted by admin in News
NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race XXV To Feature Exciting 10-Lap Shootout For Final Segment

Format That Has Produced Memorable All-Star Finishes Returns
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (March 25, 2009) – The 25th running of the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race will feature a 10-lap shootout as its final segment, reviving memories of some of the event’s most spectacular finishes.
NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race XXV, set for Saturday, May 16 at Lowe’s Motor Speedway (SPEED, 7 p.m.), will consist of four segments, concluding with a 10-lap sprint and a $1 million pay-out to the race winner. Tickets for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race start at $25 and can be obtained by calling 1-800-455-FANS or at www.lowesmotorspeedway.com.
The 2009 format is as follows:
Segment 1: 50 laps with a mandatory green-flag pit stop on Lap 25 at which time teams must pit and take on four tires. Following the end of Segment 1, the caution flag will be displayed for an optional pit stop.
Segment 2: 20 laps with the caution flag displayed at the end of Segment 2 for an optional pit stop.
Segment 3: 20 laps with a 10-minute break at the end of Segment 3. Teams may make normal adjustments to their cars during this break. The finishing order after the third segment determines the final starting positions for the fourth and final segment.
Segment 4: 10-lap shootout with only green-flag laps counting.

Mar 25 2009

Earnhardts, Earnhardts Everywhere!

Posted by admin in News

Rick Ware Racing is proud to announce the addition to their NASCAR Nationwide Series program, drivers Kerry Earnhardt and Jeffrey Earnhardt.
-Kerry Earnhardt will drive in several races in the NASCAR Nationwide Series for Rick Ware Racing
-Jeffrey Earnhardt will race in 7 races in the NASCAR Nationwide Series for Rick Ware Racing
-Jeffrey Earnhardt will save his Rookie status for the 2010 season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, as he will compete for Raybestos Rookie of the Year.
-Kerry and Jeffrey Earnhardt will be paired with Championship Crew Chief, Paul Andrews and Clyde McCloud
-Kerry will make his first of several RWR starts at Texas Motor Speedway on April 4th, 2009

Member's
Prepare to post your Top "3"
for Martinsville this Sunday.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

wiz's pics for martinsville

1. Jeff Gordon
2. Kyle Busch
3. Jimmy Johnson (even though i dont like him, he always does good)

i think edwards will be up there too, probably hamlin too

gordon's gotta get his win soon, and he always does good @ martinsville, hopefully kyle busch does pretty well too, i dont know how he's faired here, would be nice to see him win another one too

Old 03-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

If memory serves, m-ville is where kyle and cousin carl (aka "mr. ed") had their first run-in last year in the spring race.

gordon has been absolutely dominant at this track the last 13 years. jimmie has also been amazing here the last few years.

my picks (this one hurts, i can't stand the first two):

1. Jeff Gordon
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Kyle Busch*

*only if he can keep himself out of trouble. it's an easy track to get yourself in too deep going into a corner and lose it. it's also easy to let other drivers **** you off. hope he can keep his cool tomorrow.

i remember reading that of all the tracks on the nascar circuit, martinsville is the ONLY track where carl edwards has never once led a lap. weird stat!!

i would also love to see tony do well here tomorrow, he's won here twice and will be starting up front (7th) due to qualifying being rained out.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I never knew Edwards has never lead there - thanks for that stat. It's a hard track! Martin sucks at it - he has skipped it for the last couple of years. I've been there a couple of times and seen him run. Not pretty. That was racing for Roush, so maybe Roush cars suck there? Anyways, Mark hates it, so I will not be picking Martin this week.

Picking Jimmie and Jeff is like shooting fish in a barrel. Jimmie has 4 of the last 5 races - ridiculous! Junior can race here too, even if the number don't agree. Hendricks will dominate

1. Jeff Gordon
2. Dale Jr.
3. Jimmie Johnson

Rain is the only reason Menard made the field this week. Think daddy paid Mother Nature off too?

Last edited by JuniorCar; 03-27-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:12 AM
Default Line Up 4 Martinsville : )

Cup Series Lineup: Martinsville

Posted by admin in News & MCF `Space
After rain takes out qualifying, teams will lineup by owners points from this year

1 24 Jeff Gordon
2 2 Kurt Busch
3 33 Clint Bowyer
4 18 Kyle Busch
5 99 Carl Edwards
6 9 Kasey Kahne
7 14 Tony Stewart
8 11 Denny Hamlin
9 48 Jimmie Johnson
10 17 Matt Kenseth
11 00 David Reutimann
12 29 Kevin Harvick
13 31 Jeff Burton
14 83 Brian Vickers
15 42 Juan Pablo Montoya
16 44 A J Allmendinger
17 19 Elliott Sadler
18 16 Greg Biffle
19 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
20 1 Martin Truex Jr.

21 55 Michael Waltrip
22 12 David Stremme
23 96 Bobby Labonte
24 47 Marcos Ambrose
25 07 Casey Mears
26 6 David Ragan
27 39 Ryan Newman
28 26 Jamie McMurray
29 43 Reed Sorenson
30 7 Robby Gordon
31 5 Mark Martin
32 77 Sam Hornish Jr.
33 34 John Andretti
34 20 Joey Logano #
35 71 David Gilliland
36 82 * Scott Speed #
37 8 * Aric Almirola
38 98 * Paul Menard
39 66 * Dave Blaney
40 36 * Scott Riggs
41 87 * Joe Nemechek
42 41 * Jeremy Mayfield
43 64 * Todd Bodine

Did Not Qualify: #09 Sterling Marlin; #37 Tony Raines; #46 Dennis Setzer; #75 Derrike Cope.
<LI class="widget widget_text" id=text-189003841>Track Stats

MARTINSVILLE
Distance: .526-mile oval Banking/Turns 1-4: 12 ş Banking/Straights: None Length/Frontstretch: 800 ft. Length/Backstretch: 800 ft. Miles/laps: 263 miles, 500 laps

Old 03-28-2009, 06:24 AM
Arrow Sure Hope is doesn't Rain : (

MARTINSVILLE

1:30 p.m. ET, Sunday
FOX

TEXAS

2:30 p.m. ET, April 4
ESPN2

MARTINSVILLE

2 p.m. ET, Saturday
FOX

Rain threatens prep time

The lineup for Sunday's race at Martinsville Speedway was set by owners' points after qualifying was washed out on Friday. Teams hope they can squeeze in the final two practice sessions on Saturday before more rain moves in as expected.

M'ville: Race Lineup | Practice 1 | Video: HLN Weather Blast | Audio: NASCAR Today
Martinsville
Cloudy 52°

Last edited by Space; 03-28-2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: 2 correct `Space...he always messes things `up : )
Old 03-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Arrow `Space Top 3 for Marinsville

Space Top "3"
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Little `E
3. Denny Hamlin

Carl Edwards & Jimmy Johnson `if they don't have prob's,
and `if it don't rain : (
(BeachBum's brought a small 10inch B&W TV in2 the office 4 me: )

MARTINSVILLE

2 p.m. ET, Saturday

FOX

Old 03-28-2009, 05:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space! Your pick is so close to mine! I like it though. Thanks for believing in Junior at a time when so many have lost their faith! It takes some ***** to bet against Jimmie (not really one of my favorites, but an easy one to pick).

Its on! Jimmie vs. Hamster = JuniorCar vs. KidSpace @ Martinsville
Hope you realize this is also Chevrolet vs. Toyota and I'm the good guy here!

(I mean this all in good fun, just trying to make this interesting)

Old 03-29-2009, 08:10 AM

Smoke runs pretty good here too....

Old 03-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Arrow Update 3./29/09 PM

Originally Posted by bubba1472
Smoke runs pretty good here too....

`Smoke can win @ anytime, but he is now a owner/driver,
and I don't know if he has worked all the bugs outa his
new rides ?
__________________________________________________ _

Race is on 2day @ 1:30 PM EST
Fox Network
Weather report below

Fallacy of an 'abandoned' past

A sport not keeping touch with its roots? Historical facilities like Martinsville Speedway are all over NASCAR's schedule, and that's simply not true for many other sports.

Martinsville: A constant in Cup since 1949 | Video: Martinsville Track Facts
Martinsville
Partly Sunny 66°

Quick Reply: NASCAR Update 3/27/09