NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

2013 Chevy SS Sprint Cup Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

New chevys aren't too bad really, and a friend of mine gets free corona, but i doubt anyone here drinks that.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
a friend of mine gets free corona, but i doubt anyone here drinks that.
...yeah, like when I was 12.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:19 AM

NASCAR drivers have plenty of questions about 2013 Sprint Cup car after two-day test - NASCAR - Sporting News

Read the related articles. This looks like it could be a promising year so far. By the looks of it the car is back to basics like pre 07. Great news i think.

But damn do they ever look great too. Especially the Ford's. Keselowski and Logano's Penske cars especially.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Kahme beat yhe teack recird in tge chevy but its not official since its not a race weekend

Old 12-13-2012, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Kahme beat yhe teack recird in tge chevy but its not official since its not a race weekend

Wait, what?

Old 12-13-2012, 05:51 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by SSmeansSuperSexy
Wait, what?
Duane struggles with his cell phone posts. But he was pointing out that Kahne set an unofficial track record in a Hendricks Chevy. Kahne is good on that track for sure.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by werewolf-odst
I do wanna see it in a two door, but I will buy a four door one, but I hope it looks exactly like this in four door. I will buy! And I really wish they will bring over the zholden Commodore UTE. I think that is what it is called.
If this is what you are referring to I would totally rock one.

Seeing as how the SS is the Holden Commodore I believe its understandable that it be sold as a sedan.

Although with a name like Chevrolet SS I would expect it to be a coupe. My only guess is that they don't want prospective buyers of the Camaro or Vette maybe steer away from them for a sporty cheaper alternative. Or maybe its just because its easier than having to redesign a bunch of parts for them because the plans are already made up. I really don't know for sure but these are my guesses.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:47 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Yeah, like Brent said... the team thinks it had a lot to do with the combination of tire compound and cold weather giving the engine a little better speed and the tires more grip.... but they're interested in seeing how the programs develop over time and what we get when we come to Charlotte for the race in May....

Old 12-14-2012, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by burgundybullet
If this is what you are referring to I would totally rock one.

Seeing as how the SS is the Holden Commodore I believe its understandable that it be sold as a sedan.

Although with a name like Chevrolet SS I would expect it to be a coupe. My only guess is that they don't want prospective buyers of the Camaro or Vette maybe steer away from them for a sporty cheaper alternative. Or maybe its just because its easier than having to redesign a bunch of parts for them because the plans are already made up. I really don't know for sure but these are my guesses.
There gonna be priced the same or more than a camaro so making a coupe wouldnt cut into camaro sales, but gm is anti coupe these days so its only a matter of time before the camaro & vette are 4 doors

Old 12-14-2012, 05:30 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
There gonna be priced the same or more than a camaro so making a coupe wouldnt cut into camaro sales, but gm is anti coupe these days so its only a matter of time before the camaro & vette are 4 doors
Its true, but Ford is no better. Gone are 2 door Focus's. I seem to have seen pictures of 2 door Fiesta's, but you can't buy them here. Mustang is Ford's only 2-door, but they've done a pretty good job of never messing up the Mustang formula so it'll likely stay a 2dr.

But I could see GM making a 4-door Camaro or Vette. It seems funny, but I'm crying on the inside

Quick Reply: 2013 Chevy SS Sprint Cup Car