NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

~ The End : ( NASCAR 2007 ~

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:13 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: - MCF `07 NASCAR PREDICTIONS ?

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

yah i think that this argument would go on forever...everyone is always going to have a different opinion....
in my opinion there is no comparison between tony and jeff...jeff is the way better driver
[align=center][/align][align=center]Thank you `Josh[/align][align=center]MCF Moderator Wiz Kidd[/align][align=center]I love you to, your check is in the mail.[/align][align=center]You are my # 1 Canadian Fan[/align][align=center]Keep thrashing Dale Jr & Tony[/align][align=center]My Race Record speaks for itself.[/align][align=center]Say hi to the wife & baby, I hope to see you soon.[/align][align=center]Thanks for all your support.[/align][align=center]Sincerely,[/align][align=center]Jeff Gordon[/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center][/align][/align]

Old 05-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Default RE: - MCF `07 NASCAR PREDICTIONS ?

[align=center]Update May 29,07[/align][align=center][:-] [:-] [:-] [:-]
THE BIG STORY
Rain and fuel mileage played into the outcome of Sunday's Indianapolis 500 and Coca-Cola 600. On racing's biggest weekend, Dario Franchitti was in front when rain stopped Indy for the second time, ending the race at 415 miles. A cut tire had forced him to pit earlier than his rivals and so he moved up as others came in before another downpour. At Charlotte's Lowe's Motor Speedway, Mears got his much anticipated first Nextel Cup triumph by stretching his gas supply. As other leaders pitted in the closing 10 laps, he stayed out, giving Rick Hendrick's team its fifth consecutive victory and ninth in 12 races this season.
Also: NASCAR announced the Car of Tomorrow will be used in all races next season, advancing the planned schedule by one year . . . Tony Gibson served as Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s crew chief at Charlotte after DEI dropped its appeal of NASCAR penalties for CoT illegal modifications at Darlington. Tony Eury Jr. is suspended for six races . . . Paul Tracy, who got a back injury as a result of a crash at Long Beach, has been cleared to drive in the next Champ Car race in Portland. Oriol Servia, who subbed for Tracy, will continue with the Forsythe team . . . Former heavyweight boxing champion George Foreman and his sons joined the IRL Panther Racing ownership group.Return to Top
Indianapolis 500
Helio Castroneves' Penske crew won Friday's pit crew contest. Jim Nabors was unable to travel to Indy from his home in Hawaii, due to illness, so fans were asked to sing "Back Home Again in Indiana." Sunday morning rain stopped for an almost on-time green flag, but a battery problem caused Castroneves pole-sitting car to be slow starting. He took his place up front and led a single-file start by the front-row drivers. No. 2 qualifier Tony Kanaan passed to lead the opening two laps, then he and Castroneves swapped it between themselves for the first 40 laps, until a very aggressive Marco Andretti moved ahead. Roberto Moreno crashed on lap 36 and complained of back pain but was released from Methodist Hospital. Milka Duno found the turn-one wall after completing 65 laps. Scott Dixon and Sam Hornish also got to the front. Andretti was back ahead for a lap 107 restart when teammate Kanaan powered on by and then the red flag waved for rain on lap 113. The top five were Kanaan, Andretti, Danica Patrick, Vitor Meira and Dario Franchitti. After just under three hours, racing resumed, and Franchitti quickly had to dive to the pits to replace a cut tire and his crew refueled the car at the same time. Kanaan, Andretti and Patrick had to pit on lap 137 and that allowed Dario to move ahead after battling back through traffic. He needed ethanol on lap 143 and, by lap 150, Kanaan was again the leader. Under a yellow, for Marty Roth's wreck, Kanaan pitted and Franchitti again took command. On lap 163, Andretti touched wheels with Dan Wheldon, and Marco landed upside-down but wasn't hurt. During this yellow, rain returned, and Franchitti splashed his way to the checkered flag on lap 166 – 415 miles. Dixon was second, followed by Castroneves, Hornish and Ryan Briscoe. Patrick was eighth. Kanaan finished 12th after spinning off turn four, going high to try to move around slower traffic. Franchitti averaged 151.774 mph with 11 cautions for 55 laps. There were 23 lead changes among nine drivers. Franchitti became the second Scotsman to win Indy, joining Jimmy Clark in 1965. Dario earned $1,645,233 from a record $10,668,815 purse. Phil Giebler, 29th, was named Rookie of the Year. Michael Andretti, 13th, said he won't drive next year. Alex Lloyd won Friday's Freedom 100 Pro Series race.[b]

Old 05-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Default RE: 07 NASCAR CUP PREDICTIONS ?

CHEVY'S RULE!!!!!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Mylate opinion of the weekend. Way to go on stretching the gas! I'm happy for Casey. Otherwise, I'm kinda with Wiz:

Mears[sm=smiley32.gif]

Gordon[sm=hail.gif]

Gordon fans[sm=happybounce.gif]

Tony[sm=violin.gif]

Tony fans[sm=outcold.gif][sm=outcold.gif][sm=outcold.gif][sm=outcold.gif]

Jr. [sm=headbang.gif]

Jr. Fans [sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=crossbonesgif.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=teetertooter.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=bicker.gif]

Old 05-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

lol...good visual grandpa dave

love the jr fan one! haha...i think the average jr fan is kinda lookin like the guy from space's mcf application pic! lol

Old 05-30-2007, 01:04 PM

Yepper's by Golly, I'm a Earnhardt Fan
What, U wanta fight me or drink some of my
Head Blast'in MoonShine ?
I'm a Montoya Fan ....Yippie's
I'm the King of Beers & I love little `E [:'(]
[]
I like JeffI like Little `E
Come back in a year & those guys will still be fight'in

Old 05-30-2007, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Yepper's by Golly, I'm a Earnhardt Fan[/align][align=center]What, U wanta fight me or drink some of my[/align][align=center]Head Blast'in MoonShine ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm a Montoya Fan ....Yippie's[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm the King of Beers & I love little `E [:'(][/align][align=center][][/align][align=center]I like JeffI like Little `E[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Come back in a year & those guys will still be fight'in[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
ROFLMAO!!!!! (I'm not yelling, just busting a gut!!!)

Old 05-30-2007, 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

lol...good visual grandpa dave

love the jr fan one! haha...i think the average jr fan is kinda lookin like the guy from space's mcf application pic! lol
We need a smiley throwing urine bomb or chucking a "d" battery. That would be a great visual

Old 05-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

lol...yah! haha

that would be perfect! lol

Old 06-01-2007, 06:20 AM

[align=center]Members[/align][align=center]Post your Win/Place/Show[/align][align=center]Predictions for DOVER[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Fantasy Preview: Dover
By `Space, [8D]Special MCFto NASCAR.COM
June, 2007
[/align][align=center][/align]
[align=center]
Forty-nine drivers enter the weekend with hope in their hearts of making the show, and before the engines are ever fired on Sunday, six get knocked out. On race day, 43 drivers will enter Dover International Speedway, and each of them believes he can be victorious. Only one man leaves the track and heads to Victory Lane, while the others plot revenge[:@] and set their sights on Pocono Raceway.
[:@]The bully in the ring[:@]
It's currently Hendrick Motorsports. Not only has the team won eight of the last nine races in the Cup Series -- five of which have come consecutively -- it has swept Victory Lane in five Car of Tomorrow events and placed each of its teams at the top of the grid at least once in 2007.

[/align][align=center]Mod Wiz loves him : )[/align][align=center]LOL[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Rick Hendrick's drivers are going to continue to be hard to beat, as they have shown collective strength on the high-banked tracks in general, and at Dover in particular. Jeff Gordon leads all active drivers with nine high-banked victories. Four of these have come at Dover and five were earned at Bristol Motor Speedway, which proves he knows his way around the concrete ovals. His last three attempts on these two tracks ended in top-five finishes, and he led the field to the green from the pole in the last two races. In five COT events this year, he's swept the top-five, and he's looking to regain some of the points he lost in his Lap 61 crash at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
Kyle Busch might have an even better opportunity to find Victory Lane.[] He is certainly hungrier than Gordon after struggling at Darlington Raceway and Lowe's in back-to-back events. The driver of the No. 5 has had an affinity for this track since the first time he visited it in his rookie season. In 2005, he finished second in both events and backed that up with another top-five last spring. He ran into trouble in the fall and finished 40th, but with catastrophe lurking around every concrete corner of this joint, it is easy to become a victim.
Busch made up for his fall stumble at Dover by winning at Bristol this spring, and he's prepared to battle the high banks. Busch has been inconsistent so far in 2007, but his struggles have been just as short-lived as his successes. Moreover, he's been an all-or-nothing driver, and if he stays out of trouble, another top-five is virtually guaranteed.
Jimmie Johnson[b] was even better in his inaugural season at Dover than teammate Busch. He [color=#0

Quick Reply: ~ The End : ( NASCAR 2007 ~