Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!

Is your Monte Carlo a Winner ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've always liked your 03 Amy. I'm really surprised it hasn't gotten MOTM yet.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

im thinking a winner because its very unique and i have yet to see one like it!

engine mods:

8.5:1 compression pistons, cylinders p unched 30 over, l67 rods, arp fasteners, double roller, machined oil pump cover, stage 5 turbo cam, stage 3 equivalent heads, manley valves, 130# springs, titanium retainers, counter balance shaft delete, l26 plenum, 65lb injectors, racetronics pump and rewire, braided lines, electric water pump, voltage booster, adjustable afc, dual aeroforce scan gauges, aem boost/vac, aem fuel pressure, aem wideband, 300m input shaft.

link to engine pics:

04 turbo monte carlo engine pictures by kawasaki22106 - Photobucket

exterior mods:

body kit, wheels, tint, spoiler, tinted heads/tails, third brake light removed/ trunk key hole removed, blue decals. soon to be adding a 4" svo induction cowl hood.

link to exterior pics:

04 turbo monte carlo exterior pictures by kawasaki22106 - Photobucket

interior mods:

interior painted, aem boost/vac and fuel pressure in dash pod, aem afr and dual aeroforce gauges in pillar pod, netami seats with 5 point harness, back seat removal.

link to interior pics:

04 turbo monte carlo ss interior pictures by kawasaki22106 - Photobucket

stereo mods:

pioneer head unit, powerbass 1200watt amp, all JL wiring, 2 JL w6 10's in a ported box, 2 JL w3's in the fiberglass trunk enclosure.

link to stereo pics:

04 turbo monte carlo ss stereo pictures by kawasaki22106 - Photobucket

Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

My monte has never won a single award or contest. It has been a DD all its life, approaching 200K, and rarely gets garaged. It has several dings and dents, and starting to show its age with rust. However, it is a HUGE winner in my eyes. Every day when I walk outside and see my monte sitting in the driveway I get this feeling inside of me. It's a proud loving feeling I have towards my car. Even if it never wins a single contest or award in its life, it will ALWAYS be a winner to me. I am so very proud of my car and all that I've done to it. I love it!! Just look how much of a transformation its had since I bought it 3 1/2 years ago. I think not only have I maintained it, but improved the car. Not only the condition of the paint seems to be shinier, but the overall appearance I think is appealing. This has been an awesome hobby for me, and I will enjoy it for years to come!

Pics of my baby on day one:

Where I am today

I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I do Thanks for looking.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I believe that my monte is definitely a winner. I've also never won a contest or any type of award for it, but it's mine and I can't help but spend time with it, either cleaning it up or doing small mods here and there. My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts but I say I'm normal

When I first got the car I knew I had scored a deal on one of the nicest editions of Monte Carlos but I had no idea of how to make it my own. With the help of the forum I found lots of small ways to make it MY car. I can truly say that even though it's no where close to where I want it, it's still mine and no one out there will ever have one exactly like it. It also may not ever be the fastest or best looking Monte out there but it will always be an awesome car to me and that's what counts. Quite a few things I'd still like to do with it but that will come with time.

I honestly don't think my car would be where it is today without the help of everyone here. Probably would have never guessed that something like roof rails would even work on my car lol. I could go on and on about all of the help here but you guys know how that goes I look forward to doing more and more mods as funds allow, and hopefully someday I'll get a chance to meet some of y'all

Link to Garage -----> https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ga...onte%20SS.html

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 03-21-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

My Monte is a winner because who else do you know (short of Bumpin96Monte & Zipper) who has put this much work into a 5th gen?

L67? Check.
325+hp at the crank? Check.
Cowl hood? Check.
Body kit? Check.
Overall hot car? Check.

I'm also proud to say that I did all the work to my car, not some shop.

Although personally, I don't care what anyone thinks of me or my Monte. If I never win MOTM it won't hurt my feelings. Granted I would love to win, but the majority of members here can enjoy fapping to the 6th gens. I'll fap to my 5th gen.

Last edited by nitehawkjcb; 03-27-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
My Monte is a winner because who else do you know (short of Bumpin96Monte & Zipper) who has put this much work into a 5th gen?

L67? Check.
Cowl hood? Check.
Body kit? Check.
Overall hot car? Check.

Although personally, I don't care what anyone thinks of me or my Monte. If I never win MOTM it won't hurt my feelings. Granted I would love to win, but the majority of members here can enjoy fapping to the 6th gens. I'll fap to my 5th gen.

Actually, I'd like to add a fifth gen 3800 Z34 to my fleet someday, but I don't really fap over either model. Just gotta throw that out there, now that they did that TV show where the guy was in love with and had intimate relations with his fifth gen Monte.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Sayyy whaaaat some dude was really fappin to his 5th gen?!?!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Sayyy whaaaat some dude was really fappin to his 5th gen?!?!
Yup.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...diction-33856/

Old 02-24-2012, 11:36 PM

L67? Check.
Cowl hood? Check.
Body kit? Check.
Overall hot car? Check.

I actually have my eyes on a fifth gen

Id like to have that sitting next to Stinger in my drive way next fall..

Old 03-03-2012, 01:24 AM

Love It!

Quick Reply: Is your Monte Carlo a Winner ?