Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!

September 2013 Nominations

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious
Rules are rules I think, why would you want a non active member to be able to be nominated? They aren't going to all of a sudden be active if they won, and if they do, it will probably wear off after a few weeks. Give props to the active members no matter what gen car they have since they are the ones keeping the forum active, right? You cant hint to nominate a certain gen car, that is biased IMO. Maybe MCF should think of ways to get more members active somehow. I just can't see bending the rules for some but not for others. Again, JMO.
You want my opinion on bending the rules? ...like when Devin and I tied for November 2012. Devin happily let me take that month but we eventually had to settle for a tie because some people can't get their pictures in on time for the calendar and then whine about it. Hey, rules are rules you say, right? If you can't submit a picture on time that's your problem and your loss. Why should Devin and I have to take the hit for that and settle for a tie because of that? We BOTH would have liked to have a month to ourselves just like everyone else.

There was a more recent tie, involving Tadd and Keane for June 2013. Tadd happily let Keane take that month and this time it was let stand. When you look at the basics, why should it be okay this time and not last?

Regarding posting frequency, I'm not saying to nominate a completely non-active member but maybe someone who doesn't post as much but still logs on time to time, knows what's going on and posts once and a while. I do understand the rules and trying to get people to post and be active so they can be eligible, although like I said, it doesn't seem like it's there with most of the newer members right now.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ty space!! at least somebody still loves me.lolololololol

Old 08-25-2013, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by joeykl66
ty space!! at least somebody still loves me.lolololololol

Hi `Joey, just sharing the love...You have a deserving S.S. 4-Sure...
I would like to see more pic's of your S.S.

Now, we need someone to support you ? Maybe someone that's a athlete (LoL) Wish you good luck...Who are you going to nominate ? Not E.Z. this month for many member's, but there's still many member's that have Super Super Monte's on our forum
"Seek & you shall find"

^^^^ Member's, Joey needs `SUPPORT (lol)
Whose is next to nominate or support a Member ?
Is it you ?

Last edited by Space; 08-25-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
You want my opinion on bending the rules? ...like when Devin and I tied for November 2012. Devin happily let me take that month but we eventually had to settle for a tie because some people can't get their pictures in on time for the calendar and then whine about it. Hey, rules are rules you say, right? If you can't submit a picture on time that's your problem and your loss. Why should Devin and I have to take the hit for that and settle for a tie because of that? We BOTH would have liked to have a month to ourselves just like everyone else.

There was a more recent tie, involving Tadd and Keane for June 2013. Tadd happily let Keane take that month and this time it was let stand. When you look at the basics, why should it be okay this time and not last?

Regarding posting frequency, I'm not saying to nominate a completely non-active member but maybe someone who doesn't post as much but still logs on time to time, knows what's going on and posts once and a while. I do understand the rules and trying to get people to post and be active so they can be eligible, although like I said, it doesn't seem like it's there with most of the newer members right now.
You know what, you weren't the ONLY MOTM tie, I had to share mine back in 2010 with Chibi Mike who already won a year before, he didnt step down for me so at least you had that and there was no MOTM calendar for us 2010 winners either, so you have a win win

Last edited by Montelicious; 08-25-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I second joeykl66 I love those rims

Old 08-25-2013, 03:26 PM

I put up a few more pics in the garage space. and thanks again for the kind words buddy.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:27 PM

yes I need support!!! emotionally financially and mentally!!!lololololol

Old 08-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The forum membership surges and wanes, always has always will. It is important to greet new members and acknowledge their interest and promote their contributions. A member I see who posts quite regularly is Owens91, he has a unique Monte concept going on and has displayed a high interest in maintaining his Monte. He deserves recognition for his efforts so I would like to take this opportunity to nominate "OWENS91" It was tough between JC Colon and Owens as JC contributes significantly to the forum himself. I will support ZEN

Old 08-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious
You know what, you weren't the ONLY MOTM tie, I had to share mine back in 2010 with Chibi Mike who already won a year before, he didnt step down for me so at least you had that and there was no MOTM calendar for us 2010 winners either, so you have a win win
I know I'm not the only one. What I'm getting at is this: we had two ties happen in an eight month period with two completely different outcomes.

Consistency. That's all I'm going to say.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

- ties were a rare thing (I think Montelicious and Chibi tieing was the first situation of that). I'm not sure there was ever a rule for ties.

- I think I can speak for the staff, none of us want to relive the threads about issues with the MOTM calendar. Simply put, people were PM-ed for pics and did not submit them. Some claimed they were more active on the Facebook version of the Monte Carlo Forum. This site and the Facebook site are not the same site, two different entities.

- Membership on MCF I believe tends to favor the FWD generation Montes. Primary reason, those are the rides typically on the road still. People modding or fixing them. With the Monte out of production, we won't see a new Monte unless GM resurrects the name. Many RWD Montes have become soup cans, are in the middle of a restoration, or spend time being used as nice weather drivers and going to shows. I believe/guess most people who currently own a RWD Monte these days are Monte enthusiasts vs the person who owns it because it was nice and they needed a daily driver.

- MOTM should be fun, people should be active (and not as a chore).

- Lastly, I personally like 4th gen Montes and feel it's been a long time since a RWD Monte has even made it to the voting for MOTM. When I stated I would like to nominate a 4th gen, this was purely me not a movement by the staff (I have yet to cast a nomination). But, in order to nominate a 4th gen, we need members with them more active and sharing pics and posts about their cars.

I just see what sounds like heated debates with valid concerns and statements. Keep in mind, at the end of the day, it should be a fun event.

Quick Reply: September 2013 Nominations