Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!

How to get nominated for Monte of the Month ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool >f.y.i<

View MCF Poll Results From "What generation is your Monte ?"
1st Gen 50
2nd Gen 38
3rd Gen 31
4th Gen 104
5th Gen 130
6th Gen 2000-2005 326
7th Gen or Updated 06-07 75

Old 05-07-2014, 04:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I understand the issues and the way nitehawkjcb explained things.

Ultimately, MOTM comes to visibility. Not as many pre-6th gen Monte owners are as active on MCF.com (active being chatting about builds, chatting about restorations, sharing pics or heck, just chatting). There are many pre-6th gen owners that lurk MCF.com more then they post.

That is not 100% the case, but if you want to talk about statistics, that would be the most likely reason why.

MCF.com attempts to cater to all gens of Monte, but it's ultimately up to our active members to shape how much content there is for each gen.

The staff is open to ideas to help better engage members with earlier gen Montes. If anyone has a suggestion, feel free to PM any member of the staff and we'll certainly discuss. Or start threads looking to grab the attention of these other members. I for one love seeing some nice 4th gen SS models

Old 05-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

My man Beach Bum Mike

I know my Monte won MOTM a couple years back, but remember, I barely won and it took a moderator nominating me to even get there. In my opinion, it doesn't matter how much work or modding that is done to a Monte to make MOTM - so yes, it may very well have been a fluke... Perhaps it should be "Member of the Month"?

Nonetheless, I'm glad to be a part of the W-body community and MCF. Thank you for your contributions SpaceRider and thank you for everything you do for this forum. Give Space my regards if you would

Old 05-08-2014, 04:22 AM
Default >Thanks `John<

Thanks Admin `Jason for your post/words/thoughts & support for all generation Chevy Monte Carlo's
==========================================
Hi `John,

Thanks for your kind words & I'm just trying to contribute good positive threads/posts as Space had ask me to `do.
I've been on this forum with Space since 2005. Space still Faxes me subjects or idea's on subjects to post on the MCF. He really cares about the MCF & has put a lot of his time trying to contribute & make it better.

This forum isn't a one person forum, it's everyone's forum & only member's like you will keep it growing & getting better. Yes, you & our member's are the ones that make it what it is I know I've read many times in Space's post saying "What are you doing to make the MCF better ?"

Just look what your one post & words created on this thread (WoW), some great activity that elicits others to think & get involved

Thanks for your words, sharing, thoughts & being a super active/contributing member of our Monte Carlo Family
Peace/Out >Bun'Mike

Old 05-08-2014, 05:35 AM

One of these days I'll have a Monte again. Trying to convince my dad to get a 1st gen Monte as well when he retires in less than three years, but my next one will probably be either a 4th or 6th gen. If my dad gets one though, I'll be doing the work, so I'll be sure and post pics!

Old 05-14-2014, 07:46 PM

Ill take more pics of my monte, I think ive put it off long enough ^_^

Old 05-15-2014, 06:53 AM
Cool Pictures paint a image in the minds of the viewers (WoW)

Originally Posted by Hiroska
Ill take more pics of my monte, I think ive put it off long enough ^_^

I really believe that on the web (our forum) that good quality pictures are a BIG + PLUS on getting a member's Monte Carlo noticed by other member's ......& if they like your Monte they will remember it when it comes time to nominate or vote in our Forum's Monte of the Month contest.

Just like trying to sell your car online...It's the pictures that attract the attention of prospective buyers...

Look 4ward to seeing your new pic's of your Monte 4-Sure!!!
p.s. I think the background also helps get attention to showcase a vehicle/car/Monte Carlo

Old 05-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Question Motm june 2014 ?

Hi Member's,
June 2014 MCF Monte of the Month will be starting soon.
(about 10 days b-4 the end of this month)
Now's a good time to take notice & search for the Member that you would like to nominate.
It should be a active contributing member with about
a dozen posts a month (?)
Click on the below link to read the rules.
Good Luck 2 Everyone

Name:  JCMotM_zpsa54516fe.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  88.0 KB

May 2014 Monte of the Month
Congratulations to Winner JC Colons' of Garfield, NJ

Click Here for Monte of the Month Rules.

Click 2 know'em

Old 05-16-2014, 07:00 AM
Cool >Detail > then take good pic's<4>Sure<

How many member's have updated their Monte Carlo Gallery or Galleries ? How about you reading this ?

It's time 4 a good detail + photo Shoot (?)
A picture says a thousands words ? Maybe a Million + >

Look 4ward 2 seeing updated pictures of everyone's Chevy Monte Carlo's > OK, lets get busy....June 2014 MOTM will be starting soon R U ready ?

Old 05-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider
How many member's have updated their Monte Carlo Gallery or Galleries ? How about you reading this ?

It's time 4 a good detail + photo Shoot (?)
A picture says a thousands words ? Maybe a Million + >

Look 4ward 2 seeing updated pictures of everyone's Chevy Monte Carlo's > OK, lets get busy....June 2014 MOTM will be starting soon R U ready ?
It's mod season around here. That always makes for a fun MOTM.

Quick Reply: How to get nominated for Monte of the Month ?