Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Wiring diagram weird problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Default Wiring diagram weird problem?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2003 Monte Carlo SS? I have a weird minor electrical problem. When you start the car I noticed that the green cruise engaged light stays illuminated and at the same time the fan blower motor will not turn on. If you turn the fan blower selector switch on then back off the cruise light extinguishes and when you turn on the fan blower motor on again all works normal until car is shut off and started again. I am trying to see in a wiring diagram what is common to both systems.
Thanks

Old 12-23-2009, 06:56 PM

Do you have any clicking noises coming from the dash? Lights blinking on and off randomly? The Body Control Module, has a tendency to go out on these cars, and it causes weird electrical problems when it goes bad.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ What he said ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Old 12-23-2009, 10:26 PM

My '04 Monte had a BCM Bug. The Headlights would intermittently go off. Then, the Hi-Lo Beams wouldn't switch. Followed by a Cruise Control adventure that almost killed me. The Cruise took-off on it's own. I was in 40 mph zone and the Cruise kicked-in and the Monte started to accelerate. Hitting the brake didn't do squat. Throwing it out of gear let the Engine rev-up 'til it hit the limiter. While in traffic, ... I turned-off the Ignition to "Reset" the system. The Engine still took-off when it restarted. I pulled-over and shut-down and pulled the Cruise Control fuse. The following day, I went to the Dealer with the Monte and a hand-delivered memo in a large font and red letters for my file. They sent me to lunch and fixed the car while I was out getting coffee. Tell them your Cruise is acting funny and they'll reflash the Powertrain Control Module on-the-house.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickCoMatic
My '04 Monte had a BCM Bug. The Headlights would intermittently go off. Then, the Hi-Lo Beams wouldn't switch. Followed by a Cruise Control adventure that almost killed me. The Cruise took-off on it's own. I was in 40 mph zone and the Cruise kicked-in and the Monte started to accelerate. Hitting the brake didn't do squat. Throwing it out of gear let the Engine rev-up 'til it hit the limiter. While in traffic, ... I turned-off the Ignition to "Reset" the system. The Engine still took-off when it restarted. I pulled-over and shut-down and pulled the Cruise Control fuse. The following day, I went to the Dealer with the Monte and a hand-delivered memo in a large font and red letters for my file. They sent me to lunch and fixed the car while I was out getting coffee. Tell them your Cruise is acting funny and they'll reflash the Powertrain Control Module on-the-house.

wow, that is some scary ****, i hope it never happens to me, glad it got fixed and didn't actually do any major harm to you or anyone else! i would have been scared sh!tless!!!

Old 12-24-2009, 02:54 AM

my dads 01 ls is having issues in that, the twilight switch doesn't illuminate the dash lights. as in you can't see how fast you're driving at night however when you click the switch in and out it shuts the headlights on and off, and will turn the dome lights and map lights on. WTF is up with this car?

Old 12-24-2009, 09:08 AM

Guys
Thanks for all the quick replies. As of yet I have not heard any weird noises. Only the cruise green engaged light illuminates and the blower motor will not work until **** is turned on and off then when you turn it back on all is ok. Where is the body control module located? Is that a replaceable part be me? Will it need to be programed by GM?

Old 12-24-2009, 07:28 PM

Gm will need to program the BCM, ECM or PCM. Those control modules all mess with your cars brain, and if you don't know how to tune them, as our buddy MaMonte found out if it's a bad tune, you can cause more harm than good. I'd start by getting an OBD scan done, or even having someone poke around and tell you if they notice anything out of place. maybe the two are on a correlated fuse, and if the fuse is blown, it's turning the light on to bring your attention to the problem. Either that or your cruise control is about to fail epicly. I'd ask the stealership to look at it for you, the worst they can do is quote you a price and give you a free estimate that you can take elsewhere

Old 12-25-2009, 02:41 PM

Its probably a good idea to have GM run a diagnosis on the car. I am sure it's not a fuse issue because the problem is intermittent but like moonlitmagik just said I dont want to create a total driving nightmare

Old 04-24-2021, 01:10 AM

maybe memory wire