Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Windows & Gas gage

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Default Windows & Gas gage

I have a 2000 SS and am having some problems with the power windows and my gas gage. My gas gage just doesnt work. usually it is stuck on full, but when i first start it, or put gas in it, it will read and when it is empty it will tell me. But between full and empty it is always crazy. Do you think it a bad gage, or a sensor in the tank? anyone know the cost?

With my windows.... This has happend before, they just stop working. no warning or anything. the lights on the door are even off. then afew days later they start to work. I know there is abreaker in thefuse panel, buti dont know how to get to it. Got any suggestions?

Old 09-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Default RE: Windows & Gas gage

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: amberblk00

I have a 2000 SS and am having some problems with the power windows and my gas gage. My gas gage just doesnt work. usually it is stuck on full, but when i first start it, or put gas in it, it will read and when it is empty it will tell me. But between full and empty it is always crazy. Do you think it a bad gage, or a sensor in the tank? anyone know the cost?

With my windows.... This has happend before, they just stop working. no warning or anything. the lights on the door are even off. then afew days later they start to work. I know there is abreaker in thefuse panel, buti dont know how to get to it. Got any suggestions?
[/align][align=center]-edit-[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hello, My name is Amber, & I'm from Kansas City, MO[/align][align=center]I am havinga few problems with my 2000 SS.I would like to know if any MCF Member can help me please.[][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]A. Gas Gaugecould beabad sending unit. ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Answer: The power window motor is shorted and needs replacing or
check fuses. (Chart in Owner's Manuel)
Good Luck Amber, & Welcome to the MCF.
`Space[/align]

Old 09-04-2007, 02:42 PM

From what i can tell, there is no fuse for the automatic window. Only a circuit breaker that you cannot get to well at least i cant.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:39 PM

My car is at work so I don't have access to my manual, but I would also venture to check if a connection between the door and and car interior. A wire might have become unplugged. Does the remote keyless entry work yet?

As for the gas gauge I would say it is the fuel level sending unit. This might have to be replaced with the whole fuel pump. Not to scare you, but mine went out in my 2000 Blazer and cost $500 for the OEM part and $280 to install. I choose not to fix it and I just reset the tripometer every time I fill up around 200 miles. - your Monte can swing to about 275 and probably much higher.