Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

What would cause this?

Old 03-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Default What would cause this?

Let me start of by saying the car is a 1996 Monte Carlo Z34. Yesterday, as I pulled off from my friends house I noticed a whine noise like a supercharger. I listened until I got to the end of the road. I hit the brakes for the stop sign and rolled through. I didn't hit anything but when I came to a stop it made a grumbling noise so I shut it off right away.
I let it sit for a while and then started it again. The noises were gone, but every gear shifted really hard. I parked it in my friends driveway to take a look. I couldn't really see anything at the time but I thought it was the transmission. I went back tonight to take a look with a flashlight. Although I couldn't see much I did notice the gas take seemed about 3 or 4 inches lower than it should be and the back driver corner of the take was bent downward. I have not been under this car much seeing that it is not mine. I borrowed it while mine was in the shop. As if two broken cars wasn't enough. To me a few things look off but I'm not 100% sure.
Here are a few pictures I snapped with my phone tonight. Sorry for the bad quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated.