Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Water in Trunk

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well I got the window fixed on Monday. It didn't break! I was very pleased about that. The glass guy said he saw the gap in the urethane, so at least that made me feel better that there was an obvious (to him) reason why it was leaking.

He had quoted me a new window, "just in case," and asked me if I had OnStar. The car has it but it's not activated. He told me it takes a different window for OnStar. That got me thinking, I found an antenna-thingy in the trunk and couldn't quite figure it out. I think now the car really did get a new back window, not OnStar friendly, and that's why the antenna-thingy was in the trunk.

Doesn't make a difference now; just something I thought of.

Hasn't rained yet......hope the trunk stays dry!

Old 09-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by BethinIN
Well I got the window fixed on Monday. It didn't break! I was very pleased about that. The glass guy said he saw the gap in the urethane, so at least that made me feel better that there was an obvious (to him) reason why it was leaking.

He had quoted me a new window, "just in case," and asked me if I had OnStar. The car has it but it's not activated. He told me it takes a different window for OnStar. That got me thinking, I found an antenna-thingy in the trunk and couldn't quite figure it out. I think now the car really did get a new back window, not OnStar friendly, and that's why the antenna-thingy was in the trunk.

Doesn't make a difference now; just something I thought of.

Hasn't rained yet......hope the trunk stays dry!

Good to hear the window replacement went well! I hope that fixes your problem. I never knew that onstar took a special window. I have my onstar activated in mine and I love it. I had to have it upgraded to digital to make it work since they stopped supporting the analog hardware. I am glad I got it working again. I accidentally pushed the emergency button the other day when I was putting my dash back together after replacing the ignition switch. I quickly canceled the call but they called right back. They don't mess around! It makes me feel safe driving around.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to say that removing and resealing the back window did not stop the leak. Evidently it was not the problem. I'm not happy and neither is my glass guy. I think he's upset that he took the body shop's word that it was the back window that was leaking, rather than water-testing it himself. Glass guy is now thinking it might be the rear side window instead. He says that would have been removed when the body work was done.

He wants to mess with it on a Saturday, so hopefully on Oct. 6th, he take the car and start the process of trying to find the leak. He thinks he'll have to take out the back seat and other stuff. Ugh. Not looking forward to this, but unless I turn this into a fair-weather only car and get my hubby to free-up half the garage, I have to get it ok for rainy/snowy weather.

Stay tuned......

Old 10-02-2012, 06:50 PM

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that your leak isn't fixed I hope you get it fixed soon!