Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Various Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Default Various Electrical Issues

I currently own an 01 Monte Carlo SS 3800 N/A and I've been experiencing some electronic components not working properly.

First off is the drivers seat heater doesn't work, but I've seen a repair thread on that already.

Second the passenger power adjusting seat isn't working, what should I do to repair that?

And thirdly, the thing on the ceiling (can't what the name is) that reads the outside temperature, MPG, etc. has went out, how would I go about fixing that also?

Thanks.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

For the passenger seat, first off take a look under the seat and see if anything is caught in the tracks, sounds stupid but it could be that simple. The seats are easy to remove just two bolts on the floor at the back and then the front clips slide out. Check all the wiring for any obvious shorts, or cuts as it may have gotten caught up in the sliding tracks as well.

If that doesn't work, your best bet is to go to a wreckers and get the bottom of your seat replaced, had to do it with my passenger seat at the end of summer last year, was relatively cheap just make sure they give you the right motor and track.

The overhead display, I would check all of your fuses first and foremost to see if one is blown, that is probably the culprit but you could also have a loose or broken wire someone along the way, so you would want a multimeter and start checking the connections to determine which one needs replacing. Not a fun job to do, but it can be done

Old 04-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Here is a link on how to change/remove your front seats

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fw...t-seats-39773/

Old 04-04-2015, 12:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

Yea definitely sounds like a fuse problem. Not sure about the seats but Ohara is a smart dude I'd go with what he said.