Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Vandalized. Can't locate a replacement Rear Passenger Side Window.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Unhappy Vandalized. Can't locate a replacement Rear Passenger Side Window.

Hi friends,

Medic!!

My 2003 Monte Carlo was the victim of an apparently random assault last night parked in the streets of Portland. They smashed in the rear passenger side window, and that's it. Luckily no break-in or additional damage. Of COURSE this happens the night before I need to drive 200 miles...

I've called a couple glass repair shops and they say my only option is if I can find one from a junkyard. I'm at a loss of where to start, as I'm sure it's not a common item. I would be grateful if anyone had a lead -- or even better a spare window!

Thank you.

Broken window, 2003 Monte Carlo SS.
Random act of violence on rear passenger side window of 2003 Monte Carlo SS

Last edited by Apollo Bananacar; 10-04-2017 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Added date of car, included photo of damage.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is unfortunate luck! That piece is glued onto the body of the car if I recall. Given the age of these cars, those places *might* be right about a junk yard being the best shot.

But before I gave up, I would call some decent body shops and see if they can help. Maybe see if a new Chevy dealer has a body shop that could help.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I can't believe everybody stopped making that glass. That's going to be a valuable piece in the near future.
I did find several on eBay, Here's a link.....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...s&_sacat=33684

Old 10-05-2017, 01:53 PM

Thanks, plum_bob and The_Maniac.

I'll double-check with the local dealership -- and man, I didn't even think about e-bay!

Old 10-06-2017, 12:19 AM
Default side window

Hello Apollo, did you file a insurance claim? did you get a police report? im asking because if you have a deductible on insurance, in Florida state statutes state that the insurance companies cannot levy a deductible on a victim of a crime ! I had my bronco vandalized years back, they did substantial damage breaking into my car and a police officer told me this tidbit! I went round and round with ins co. but got my deductible back! if this applies to you, check your states statutes for " victims of crime "

Old 10-18-2017, 04:07 PM

Find a local salvage yard or someone parting out a sixth gen Monte, got headlights, fog lights, wheel from the salvage yard. I think my local auto glass shop can order glass. Did you try one?

Old 10-18-2017, 04:11 PM
Old 10-18-2017, 07:43 PM

There's an Earnhardt at my local boneyard that still has intact glass. PM me if you're interested and I'll get a price.