Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): turn sinals

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 11:15 AM
Default turn sinals

New problem.. hope someone help me.. my turn signals messed up. I have changed hazard switch 2 times still no good. Everything works fine until I move shifter out of park. Then turn signals flash real fast. All bulbs good.any help would be great.. thanks scott

Old 10-03-2015, 12:20 PM

When my flashers went, ... they WOULDN'T flash unless I hit the Emergency Flasher Switch to goose the Flasher Element. Since the system relies on the Flasher Element of the Emergency Flasher Switch/Module ... I say you look there, first.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by RickCoMatic
When my flashers went, ... they WOULDN'T flash unless I hit the Emergency Flasher Switch to goose the Flasher Element. Since the system relies on the Flasher Element of the Emergency Flasher Switch/Module ... I say you look there, first.
Have changed that switch 2 times with no fix, got 2 new switches from 2 different new parts sales. Everything works perfect until I move my shifter out of park. Then the turn signals mess up until I turn car off and take key out. Put key back in, start car, everything works perfectly , move shifter and messes up all over again.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:09 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I saw your response in another post and this link may also help with the issues you are having--->https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mo...t=turn+signals

Old 10-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Scott the problem could be the connector to the hazard flasher or a bad ground connection. With the instrument panel removed try wiggling the wires to see if it has any effect. Odds are it's a common ground wired sharing the same circuit as the gear indicator.