Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Transmission Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Bob
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This got my 06 lt3 transmissions fixed a week ago, my problems are the same as yours is. start the car up cold, come to a light or stop sign give it gas and the car will sit there for a few sec. then bang into gear. I baby my car like this for 2 years and after a while the problem started to do it when the car was cold or hot, i did try a trans. fluid & filter change, but found out that will not help. You will need a TRANS. REBUILD (sorry) here is what they found wrong, Disambeled trans. complete found 4th support cut into input housing bushing and put metal thru trans. distressed clutches and compomised solonoids. They replace with upgraded clutches and seals replace 4th support and input housing and 3rd piston and forward piston, reconditioned valvebody flushed cooler and lines. Let me ask you this? sometimes you can drive your car for a week with the transmission shifting find , no problems, then like on the 8th day it will bang into gear like 2 or 3 times in one day. If your trans is acting like this, then this is the road you will be heading down. my car only 46,000 miles, and i never raced or burned rubber.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by owens91
itseems that alot of old members are returning....awsome
Who's old?

Old 04-11-2014, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Bob
This got my 06 lt3 transmissions fixed a week ago, my problems are the same as yours is. start the car up cold, come to a light or stop sign give it gas and the car will sit there for a few sec. then bang into gear. I baby my car like this for 2 years and after a while the problem started to do it when the car was cold or hot, i did try a trans. fluid & filter change, but found out that will not help. You will need a TRANS. REBUILD (sorry) here is what they found wrong, Disambeled trans. complete found 4th support cut into input housing bushing and put metal thru trans. distressed clutches and compomised solonoids. They replace with upgraded clutches and seals replace 4th support and input housing and 3rd piston and forward piston, reconditioned valvebody flushed cooler and lines. Let me ask you this? sometimes you can drive your car for a week with the transmission shifting find , no problems, then like on the 8th day it will bang into gear like 2 or 3 times in one day. If your trans is acting like this, then this is the road you will be heading down. my car only 46,000 miles, and i never raced or burned rubber.
A rebuild is soon, I got 95k miles it's paid off so a $1500 repair is nothing. I think I also need a main seal fixed too...

Old 07-15-2014, 10:34 AM

Hello all...I
m new here, first post other than in the intro section. I've had my transmission do the EXACT same thing that Twisted _Metal posted...My trans/ car has just over 101,000 miles.

I have an Innova scanner so I wondered if there's a code I could find using it? I do not get any flashing lights or check engine lights, just that occasional hard shift. I plan on takng my car in to have it pressure checked and for safety safe, replace the pressure control solenoid. If anyone knows a cheap -easier repair, please advise.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ytd1861
Hello all...I
m new here, first post other than in the intro section. I've had my transmission do the EXACT same thing that Twisted _Metal posted...My trans/ car has just over 101,000 miles.

I have an Innova scanner so I wondered if there's a code I could find using it? I do not get any flashing lights or check engine lights, just that occasional hard shift. I plan on takng my car in to have it pressure checked and for safety safe, replace the pressure control solenoid. If anyone knows a cheap -easier repair, please advise.
The only way to know its the PCS...

Is to let the trans shop use there scanner designed just for your transmission...

Your scanner wont read trans codes...

A PCS replacement is around a $600.00 repair...
But more than likely... over time youll need to get the trans rebuilt...
Might as well get it rebuilt and eliminate the issue all together!

Old 07-19-2014, 08:54 AM

STUMPMI: You were close on the pressure solenoid repair! I had to have one and it was done yesterday for $556.00. Car shifts like a dream now and the shop I used has a 12 month / 12,000 mile warrany on all work they do, trans or otherwise. They specialize in GM cars/ parts/ etc. since the owner was a Cadillac mechanic before opening his own place 25 years ago. Nice not to have all that hard shift and shake/ shutter. I've had the car only 1 week and it did the shutter -shake and hard shift maybe 8 times, but that was too many to ignore.