Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

tranny help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Default tranny help

i don't know if it is my tranny or maybe my brakes are sticking. when it sifts it kinda jumps but what is confusing me is it doesn't coast very well and when i just put it in driveit won't really move until i hit the gas and also it rolls back even on slopes that aren't that big any idea if i have a tranny problem and just a low idle or something or brakes???

Old 03-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Default RE: tranny help

ORIGINAL: 96monte

i don't know if it is my tranny or maybe my brakes are sticking. when it sifts it kinda jumps but what is confusing me is it doesn't coast very well and when i just put it in driveit won't really move until i hit the gas and also it rolls back even on slopes that aren't that big any idea if i have a tranny problem and just a low idle or something or brakes???
Well If I let go on the brakes on a hill, my car will roll back. And sometimes When I jump in my car and take off (somewhat fast) Nothing happen it stalls and then jolts and off I go.. I check my tranny fluid last summer, And it was somewhat over. so I got one of those pumps for gasoline and pump out the trany fluid until itwas level.. And I think It help it out.

But lately its been acting up. I think because when I went to get an oil change they check it, and for some reason they over filed,
Cause some people have a diffent way of checking the tranny fluid. I do it by driving it for awhile and thenleaving it in neutal with the em/brakes on, and running.And some say you don't have to do that anymore. just put it in park(running).