Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Traction control/Abs lights coming on

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Exclamation Traction control/Abs lights coming on

I have a 2006 Monte Carlo SS. I have an issue with my traction control light coming on along with my abs light, sometimes my antilock brakes start to kick in while slowing down pulling into a parking spot. The traction control light comes on and flashes while I am turning and there is some sound that comes from my left tire area and it makes my car hesitate to go, usually happens when I'm turning left, left and up hill is the worst. While my car is in park, turning my steering wheel back and forth from left to righ,t the dash dings, the traction control and abs lights pop on along with my speedometer jumping up and down. Ive saw some post talk about wheel bearigs and BCM's for the lights. I've had both front wheel bearings replaced, I've taken it to a dealership to ask them and they told me the BCM would be the best start. So much for being a ****in "expert," Giving guess and check ideas. I got the new BCM and nothing has changed. Lights still come on while driving and turning wheels in park, brakes start to lock up pulling Into parking spot, left tire area still hesitates and makes that sound while going left. I wasted money getting that BCM.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:40 AM

I had the issue of having the traction control and abs lights turn on and the dash dinging at me. I have an 03 SS but I'm sure it is the same. Some of the guys told me to check the connectors for my wheel hub and to check the sensors, a common sensor to go is the Wheel Speed Sensor I've heard. Then again, mine just went off a couple days ago because of a connector possibly loose. So basically check out your wheel hub and/or other things in your steering system.