Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

trac control will not dissengage

Old 11-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Default trac control will not dissengage

about a month ago, me and some buddies were breaking in my monte. just smoke shows and messing around. one of my buddies blew up his 94 talon..it was fun, obviouselly. i was wondering if anyone else has had problems with their traction control always being engaged? i press the button and it says that it is off, is there anything i can do? it is annoying when i want to go have some fun in my car, it will still smoke em, but it revs and drops, revs and drops...doesnt sound or look as good as it could

thanks for any advice

Old 11-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Default RE: trac control will not dissengage

When you say revs and drops are you talking about trying to power brake? If so the newer computers will cut power if you try that. If you just wanna blow em up hit the gas with the E-brake on. Either way burnouts are highly suggested against. My brother has a 2000 GTP we just did an engine and tranny swap on. The looks of that tranny from all his burnouts was nasty. Besides it doesnt matter who can the best burnout, Its whose car will hook and smoke em. but anyways give me a little more specifics and we will see if it can be figures out.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:25 PM

I got stuck in the snow and was trying to rock the car out. Even after turning off the trac control...the motor would rev and drop off like you described. It was explained to me that the computer senses the difference between the front wheels spinning and the rears not moving much through the wheel sensors mounted front and rear. The computer then cuts power because of this. I don't know if this is the actual cause but it made sense and it was'nt fun getting the car unstuck because of it!

Old 11-22-2006, 09:38 PM

ok..note to self..do not mess around with my car..gotcha!

thanks for the help. ya thats what i meant..RPM's would just drop and climb again, i was just wondering if it was something wrong with my trac control or something else..now i see i cant do anything about it

thanks again