Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

They broke into my 06 MC!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Default RE: They broke into my 06 MC!

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

^^^^^

All of the above is just a good reason to spend the 500 bucks on a viper system with ignition kill, and be done with it.

Sorry that you had your stuff messed with =(
isn't that essentially what GM put the passlock sensor in our cars for? with my '02, that went out and the sensor was not reading my key as the correctly coded key so the fuel pump would not run (save for a 35 minute override process involving the RIGHT key)...

Old 04-30-2008, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: tommypro

I agree on beating them senseless... last year (when I still had my '02) I went in to the commons to check my mail (2 minutes, max) so I left my windows down because it would take longer to put them up than to check my mail. The other thing is, Campus Safety headquarters is in the commons on the other side of 12 large bay windows, so I felt safe (city of 155,000 but a college of only 1800). As I walked into the commons, a pair of kids came walking out and held the door for me, no big. I look in my box, empty. I turn around and walk outside to get back in my Monte and drive off. As I get to the door, what do I see but one of those f***in kids lean over and reach in my driver's side window (presumably) going for my iPod. Needless to say, I took off towards my car (20 feet, maybe) and his friend yelled I was coming and the b@$*@**$ took off running, leaving the iPod behind as he didn't have enough time to grab it. I chased them long enough to realize they hadn't taken anything (empty hands) and went back to my (obviously vulnerable) car. That was the LAST TIME I ever left a window down at all and, had I gotten ahold of that kid, I would probably be in jail right now for battery... minor detail!

As far as the gun discussion goes, that is too political a topic for which there is no right/wrong answer... both sides have their merits and detriments and so, I recommend, we should avoid that debate and leave it for the political arena!
Now if you had a gun on you, you would have caught him!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:32 AM

if i had had my gun ON me, as opposed to in my car, i probably would have overreacted and been holding them up for campus safety to come, yes... but also, likely, would have gotten in trouble for brandishing a weapon on campus (legal to carry in my city but not on my campus, weird, huh?)

also, if i had been in shape i would have caught them... they looked like track'sters, though... a lineman like me stands little chance! (had i caught them, though... two would not have been enough!)

Old 05-04-2008, 07:57 AM

I know what I would love to do. Put on a system that will charge the entire car so that when someone touches it, it shocks the living crap out of them.. Possibly something that will paralyze them for a bit and an alarm to go off to notify everyone. But not your typical alarm screeching stuff. Something that says, "HEY! This moron just tried to break into this car. What a freakin idiot! Arrest this man! Arrest this man!"