Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

They broke into my 06 MC!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: They broke into my 06 MC!

I'm not saying I look forward to killing people. But I was advised by a police officer to shoot to kill anytime I leagally use a firearm.

Hey, StL-Chevy_Rider...I stay in North County too. I was at chruch with a female friend in the City, near the Riverview circle when theybroke in my car. What kind of MC do you have (year & color)?

The new Viper auto-start alarms will page you up to a mile away. I will be getting one of these soon. I will see what Maaco charges to shave doors.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:15 AM

If I had a concealed weapons permit, and carried a gun and someone had a loaded gun pointed at me I would shoot them. I would shoot to kill because the only side to the story needs to be mine. In MI the armed perp must be within 21 ft of me, but honestly I'm not letting anyone get that close. The 17 yr old, no I wouldn't shoot unless they had a gun pointed at me and I felt my life was in danger. We all do deserve a second chance for being young and stupid. )

Old 04-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

in my opinion people shouldn't carry weapons, of any kind, this is what causes all the problems, like if there were no weapons there'd be no problems of that sort...you can't carry a gun in canada, i dont think you should be able to anywhere, i've heard of too many people getting shot for no reason...and this wouldn't happen if people weren't allowed to carry guns

Old 04-29-2008, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: bwill314

I'm not saying I look forward to killing people. But I was advised by a police officer to shoot to kill anytime I leagally use a firearm.

Hey, StL-Chevy_Rider...I stay in North County too. I was at chruch with a female friend in the City, near the Riverview circle when theybroke in my car. What kind of MC do you have (year & color)?

The new Viper auto-start alarms will page you up to a mile away. I will be getting one of these soon. I will see what Maaco charges to shave doors.
I agree, i mean if youre going to buy and think youre ready to actually use a gun, make sure youre ready to kill if the situation presents itself and its absolutely necessary, if not youre better off getting a taser or somethin.. cuz really guns arent made to injure. Im only 20 but when i was younger i knew not to mess with anyones car unless i wanted to catch a bullet, so age isnt an excuse these 12-14yr olds are out here with guns

but yeah...i got a 04 Yellow SS, if youre around that area a lot youve probably seen me my girl stays up the street by the walgreens on halls ferry and jennings sta rd

Old 04-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Wiz Kidd, I understand what you are saying, but criminals do not care about the law, so if they want a gun they will get a gun. I don't carry nor do I really care too, however, we do have guns and in a life ot death situation, I or my family, will not be the ones doing the dieing.
Now for breaking into a car, even mine, I would not shoot them, but if I got my hands on them, I'd beat the crap out of them. You have to be able to distinguish between times that a gun could/would be necessary and times that other means would sufice. Not all situations call for the perp to be shot. BUT if I make the decisionto shoot, it will be to kill, they are not coming back to testify against me for protecting myself. Of course then you get the law suits from the family and the responsiblity of living with killing someone. No win.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:40 PM

in my opinion people shouldn't carry weapons, of any kind, this is what causes all the problems, like if there were no weapons there'd be no problems of that sort...you can't carry a gun in canada, i dont think you should be able to anywhere, i've heard of too many people getting shot for no reason...and this wouldn't happen if people weren't allowed to carry guns
Wiz
The UK has a Gun ban and Sword ban. And they still have a lot of Problems over there.

most people shootingothers for noreason are not CCW/LTCF holders. They are thugs that do not care about the law.
It is not everyday that you hear of a sensless shooting that involves licensed law abiding citizens those are rare and far appart, but they do happen.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: dustybird3

Now for breaking into a car, even mine, I would not shoot them, but if I got my hands on them, I'd beat the crap out of them. You have to be able to distinguish between times that a gun could/would be necessary and times that other means would sufice. Not all situations call for the perp to be shot. ...
I agree on beating them senseless... last year (when I still had my '02) I went in to the commons to check my mail (2 minutes, max) so I left my windows down because it would take longer to put them up than to check my mail. The other thing is, Campus Safety headquarters is in the commons on the other side of 12 large bay windows, so I felt safe (city of 155,000 but a college of only 1800). As I walked into the commons, a pair of kids came walking out and held the door for me, no big. I look in my box, empty. I turn around and walk outside to get back in my Monte and drive off. As I get to the door, what do I see but one of those f***in kids lean over and reach in my driver's side window (presumably) going for my iPod. Needless to say, I took off towards my car (20 feet, maybe) and his friend yelled I was coming and the b@$*@**$ took off running, leaving the iPod behind as he didn't have enough time to grab it. I chased them long enough to realize they hadn't taken anything (empty hands) and went back to my (obviously vulnerable) car. That was the LAST TIME I ever left a window down at all and, had I gotten ahold of that kid, I would probably be in jail right now for battery... minor detail!

As far as the gun discussion goes, that is too political a topic for which there is no right/wrong answer... both sides have their merits and detriments and so, I recommend, we should avoid that debate and leave it for the political arena!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:34 PM

^^^^^

All of the above is just a good reason to spend the 500 bucks on a viper system with ignition kill, and be done with it.

Sorry that you had your stuff messed with =(

Old 04-29-2008, 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

Whiz.
I agree to a point.
But it is not the guns that do this it si the stupid fools that do it. the gun cant kill anyone with out being pointed or having a trigger pulled or other wise triggerd and mos tof the time this is threw human error.

Sorry i cant agree with not having a gun. this is not the right solution to the issue just like saying gas would not be a issue for someone with no car. this is soooooooooo far from the truth.
even if you dont have acar you are still paying fo rthe fule or gas to get the stuff you buy it is jus tint he cost fo the product and not in the out right please pay the pump for us.

there is cause and effect for anythign in this world.

taking the guns away would allow alot more pepole to steal,rape,murder etc.... becuse they know they can over come the other one with out fear of being shot.
if they dont knwo if you carry or not then they dont mess with you to find out.

go to AZ. they carry guns on thier sides and in banks tell me that dont take some getitng used to. but this is how we were made to begin with. our country has had this as a right for hundreds of years and i dont ever want to se eit taken away.

sorry i will shut up now this and the whole DONT HU?NT INNOCENT ANIMALS are two arguments that just kill me that it can even be thought of that way.
but im a hunter and also carry a gun have for years.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:26 PM

Wizz....I can see your point about guns. However its eithe me ( A hard working family man who has no criminal record) or it's the criminal about to shoot me. My choice is made, my life isn't wroth his or hers....But the fact is I don't have a weapons permit so I don't have to worry about shooting anyone yet. lol.

Quick Reply: They broke into my 06 MC!