Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

They broke into my 06 MC!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default They broke into my 06 MC!

Someone seems to have put a screwdriver or something into the key hole in my driver side door and broke off the lock. This same thing happened with my 2000 GTP 18 months ago. It seems to be too easy to break into these GM cars.

I'm thinking about getting my door handles shaved. Has anyone done this? about how much does it cost?

Old 04-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Default RE: They broke into my 06 MC!

[align=center]Hi `Will,[/align][align=center]I'm sorry to readabout your problems with people breaking[/align][align=center]in you Monte Carlo : ([/align][align=center]I don't think shaving your doors will prevent them from breaking[/align][align=center]in : (, they will just break the window : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's difficult to have a nice car today, with so many a-holes[/align][align=center]running around doing damage to nice rides.[/align][align=center]If possible, I would look/build a garage, or get a super/alarm.[/align][align=center]Wish you better luck in St Lou'ie with your Monte.[/align][align=center]If a thief wants in, they will find a way. [:@][/align][align=center]Locks are only made to keep honest people honest,[/align][align=center]but the dis-honest people don't care how hard you've worked[/align][align=center]to get something nice : ([/align][align=center]I would go postal, `if I caught someone mess'in with my[/align][align=center]ride, or possesions.[/align][align=center]Good Luck `Will[/align][align=center]from `Space[/align][align=center][:-][:@]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/5C614C666F0B4BA4BB24609A6CE71379.gif[/IMG]
[:-][:@][:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/43E183F237094C48A5D059EA45F3ED2E.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 04-28-2008, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't have a garage, but it didn't happen at home. It happened in the parking lot of the church.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:28 PM

Hi `Will, that's really/really sad [X(]
It's a good reason not to go to church : ) (jk)
I hope that they catch the vandal, and condem him/her to hell.
(Has plenty of room 4 Bad People)
I've read where several churches now have security in
their parking lotsbecause of thieves stealing things
from vehicles: (
There are too many desperate people in our World : (
I'm sorry that it has happened to you twice.
Let us bow our heads and pray for a better/safer World.
`amen
Good Luck to you!

Old 04-28-2008, 02:40 PM

time to kick some ***...i hate when ppl mess with the car you work so hard for/on

Old 04-28-2008, 03:33 PM

anything taken?

Old 04-28-2008, 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: bwill314

Someone seems to have put a screwdriver or something into the key hole in my driver side door and broke off the lock. This same thing happened with my 2000 GTP 18 months ago. It seems to be too easy to break into these GM cars.

I'm thinking about getting my door handles shaved. Has anyone done this? about how much does it cost?
That's not cool, I've actually haven't heard of anyone breaking into the key hole to open the door, but then again there isn't much car theft around here.

I don't know how much it'd be to get them shaved but it'd look cool, you want to shave the whole handle or just the lock? I've always wanted to get rid of the key hole seems how I never use it and I like the look of the passenger handle without the lock. If only the Impalas had the same handles...

Old 04-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

that sux! the funny thing is its a lot easier to break into these cars then popping the locks...dunno why they'd do that...not very smart people...

it still sux that people do this stuff, was anything taken?

Old 04-28-2008, 05:10 PM

I don't have a garage, but it didn't happen at home. It happened in the parking lot of the church.
Buy a Viper System, and never leave valuables in the vehicle. That way even if they do break in, which sucks, at least with the starter ignition kill that the vipers come with, you can rest assured that even if they try to hot wire it, they stand no chance of stealing your prized possession.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:12 PM

Quick Reply: They broke into my 06 MC!