Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

They broke into my 06 MC!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: They broke into my 06 MC!

Nothing was taken.

If I get it shaven off I want the whole door handle shaven off.

The whole incident p*sses me off. In the state of Missouri we now have the right to get permits to carry concealed weapons.I will be looking into this soon.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:16 PM

[:@]

Old 04-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

they make a door shaver kit now that you run your hand over a certain spot and it pops the doors open, looks really cool

Old 04-28-2008, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

they make a door shaver kit now that you run your hand over a certain spot and it pops the doors open, looks really cool

Do you know of a website where I can get more info about this?

Old 04-28-2008, 06:12 PM

ORIGINAL: bwill314

Nothing was taken.

If I get it shaven off I want the whole door handle shaven off.

The whole incident p*sses me off. In the state of Missouri we now have the right to get permits to carry concealed weapons.I will be looking into this soon.
That may not solve your problem. If Missouri is anything like Michigan, you cannot use a weapon unless your life is in imminent danger and if you caught someone breaking into your car, unless they either had a gun and pointed it at your or ran toward you with a screwdriver with an angry face, you can't do a thing. So do your research about your state and local laws before you make a a decision like this. It is VERY frustrating that someone thinks that they can just get into someone's car and take whatever they want. It's like who the h el l are you?!?! (Sorry mods, lol) I hope everything works out and your car is fixed great.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:19 PM

The way the law works here; you have to anounce that you have a gun and have been trained to use it before you can shoot someone. I was advised by a cop to make sure I shoot to kill so that the criminal can't argue in court that I didn't give him warning.

The cop was talking about a situation of a home burglary. I don't know how the law works with someone trying to steal your car.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: bwill314

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

Do you know of a website where I can get more info about this?

Sounded interesting so I found this... http://www.lafranceautoworks.com/

I might look into this, touch part of the door to get it to open would be pretty sweet, even sweeter for the trunk when I've got all my dorm stuff loaded up on my arms.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:56 PM

the bad news all cars are easy to break in to. and if they want it they are going to get it.

anything wiht a door handel can have it pulled off the door sevearl ways and then opend.
locks can be taken out wiht a old style dent puller or slid hammer or even a screw driver.

cars with out the door handels get windows broke out.

the bad thing is you have to learn to live with this over whelming feeling of being violated .
it is one of those things that you would love to just beat them to the ground for the fun of it.
Just wish we could cu tthier frekin hands off if they steal !!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:23 PM

I was advised by a cop to make sure I shoot to kill so that the criminal can't argue in court that I didn't give him warning.
Eh, Shoot center mass, but not to kill. Why take someone's life when you really only want them to STOP what they're doing? Would you shoot and kill a 17 year old kid for wanting your cool stereo? Aren't we all granted some leeway for being young and stupid once?

Old 04-28-2008, 10:59 PM

i stay in st louis too man..... fa real an alarm system is a must im guilty of not having one either but monte carlo's are a target pretty much every where as you can see... im in north county but im in the city most of the time and they did the same thing to me on the east side... i came out and they took a screwdriver to my handle and i hid my radio faceplate but they found and took that but still left the cd player itself

im investing in an autopage alarm and shaving the door handles also, i heard maaco will do it for cheap..

and gun is a plus seeing as theyve tried to jack me a few times also... my dad has his license to carry and he carrys his 40.cal and 357. whenever he goes to the city

Quick Reply: They broke into my 06 MC!