Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

studdering

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 12:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ill_Born_ss
Do you not have any way of reading live data?
no he doesnt own a scanner.
He will have to use a multimeter.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by avendo
What is this
This is your purge valve solenoid and unless you have secured it... it is undone/ unclipped and a vacuum leak.

Also I would like to know more about the egr situation and the WD 40, exactly where did you spray it?

Also WD40 is a silicone and detrimental to all sensors like MAF, MAP, O2, CAT and more. stop using it!

Also Stumpi asked and you replied:

The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty---just replaced and new reg filter
Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry.There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor-19+ in vacuum How did you measure the vacuum? From where?
Possible cracked vacuum or PCV line/connection--
Faulty or stuck open PCV valve --cleaned pcv
Failed or faulty oxygen sensor (bank 1, sensor 1)-- new O2sensor
Sticking/plugged or failed fuel injector---possible 3 cans of cleaner-
Low fuel pressure (possible plugged/dirty fuel filter!)--fuel filter would not do 1 bank only Actually, YES you only have bank 1 but it is for your whole engine.
Exhaust leak between engine and first oxygen sensor-no exhaust leaks Your EGR system can be an exhaust leak...it does not function until 1800-2000 rpm so everything can be fine until it goes into action.

Last edited by Ill_Born_ss; 01-21-2015 at 03:28 PM. Reason: more info needed
Old 01-22-2015, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member

I put the vacuum line on the top of eng soloniod looking thing,it has 1 fitting that had a plug on it..i put silicone on the pipe that comes off the side of the egr and it connects to the back of the eng...hopefully getting fuel filter changed today.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by avendo
I put the vacuum line on the top of eng soloniod looking thing,it has 1 fitting that had a plug on it..i put silicone on the pipe that comes off the side of the egr and it connects to the back of the eng...hopefully getting fuel filter changed today.

The pipe should be a priority replacement... When the car is below 1600-1800 rpm the EGR valve is closed and the exhaust gas in the exhaust manifold/ manifolds is prevented from entering to intake manifold, but if the pipe has even the smallest leak it can leak exhaust gases into the engine compartment and/ or allow air to enter the exhaust (leak) causing erroneous readings for the bank 1 sensor 1, O2 sensor. Now when the engine reaches the required rpm for the EGR to function/ open and there is a leak in the pipe it is a wide open (unmetered) vacuum leak thus causing the P0171 lean condition.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member

ok studdering problem was..wait for it..........coil pack. now to see if p0171 comes back on...

Old 01-23-2015, 05:18 AM
5 Year Member

I plugged up that leak.,if i spray in that area it didnt kill eng.. If light comes back on i will check it again.. Why would there be a little hole there?