Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Stalling problem!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Stalling problem!

alright, well Ive been trying to figure this out for a while and I give up. I'll be driving on the highway, usually with cruise control on (its happened once without... lots with it on) and the car feels like magically it starts starving the engine of something, and the car starts stalling. I turn of my Jetchip programmer, and take off cruise and it works fine. I can let it sit from anywhere from a few seconds to 20 minutes, turn back on the programmer and theres no problems. The biggest thing is, it doesnt do it always. It throws a code, but since im an hour away from any place like autozone with a reader... if I get there the code is gone and not stored. sooo.... any ideas on what might be happening? A friend and I think its the programmer putting to much air or fuel in and then it starts giving it a problem, aI shut it off and me pushing the rpms up burns the extra air/fuel?

Old 04-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Default RE: Stalling problem!

on the same boat....thinking its my cats,call the chevy dealership and I have appointment for wednesday

Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

awesome, glad to hear im not the only one.. well, kinda glad. can ya keep me updated on what they might find with yours?

Old 04-07-2008, 11:47 PM

Wouldn't be your cat i don't think. Cause if your cat is clogged it would do it all the time, not intermittent.
The fact that it is throwing a code leads me to think that it is more electronic. Although it doesn't make sense as to why it won't store. Possibly o2 sensor failing? I dunno thats the only thing that comes to my mind.