Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

ss exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Default RE: ss exhaust

I agree... Send anything you can get to me as far as sound clips are concerned.. I have a 10 gig a month bandwidth limit, so I have no problem having you guys download stuff from my site, and I think it would help people to save money and spend it on exhausts that are worth it..

What I was going to say, Yellow SS is that I am installing my SLP PowerFlo at the end of next month, so if you wanted to wait, I will post a clip of it on my website.

HOWEVER after hearing 2000_Black_SS tell us his experience with the SLP on a N/A, I think perhaps your best bet will be to either head to your local Exhaust shop, or keep looking on Youtube to see what other N/A cars are doing...

-Keegan

Old 09-27-2007, 11:50 PM

i just didnt know i have a 03ss non charged and i just want it to sound as much like a v8 as possible but like i said i dont want it to sound like a boat and i would like to get some kind of performance out of it. i know i said i didnt want to spend a fortune but how are the borla and corsa cat back kits?

Old 09-28-2007, 12:40 AM

Again, I am going to suggest that you do a search on YouTube and other websites like Putfile for Grand Prix's, and Naturally Aspirated Monte Carlo's. The Grand Prix is Pontiac's version of the Monte Carlo, and since they are all made my GM, in theory, the exhaust on their system with the 3800 non s/c will be extremely similar. Unfortunately, there are not really a whole lot of people here who have a Corsa, at least not to my knowledge.

If you want a clip of a Borla on a non s/c, check out this link:

http://www.myblownss.com/media/index.html#luke

Sorry I can't help more, but it's really hard to describe exhausts over the internet, which, unfortunately for many of us, ends up turning into a trial and error thing... basically, you buy an exhaust, and if it totally sucks, most of the time, alot of guys will then start doing custom exhaust work, because they dont want to spend another 600 bucks on another catback system.

-Keegan

Old 09-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

you can also go with GMPP exhaust. Thats what I have. Keep in mind this is on a stock LS

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...t=100_1627.flv
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Donutboy97/?action=view¤t=100_1626.flv