Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Sound of water flowing when giving car gas.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Default I had same problem (2000 3.8)

ITS WATER GETTING STUCK IN THE DOORS! The seals (between the door and the window- the one you would rest your elbow on) were warn out and too much rain water was getting IN THE ACTUAL DOOR! the small drains were no match for the build up of leaves, etc. You can open the door a bit, give her some gas and you will see water come out the bootom of the door!

New seals (for about $50) and 2 hours of labor (just be careful when you unscrew the plastic inside door cover- some of the screws are hard to spot- you may crack something).

But thats probalby it!.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:22 PM

Okay i couldn't read anymore of these because it was listening to 2 women sqaubling over something stupid.

If you hear the noise under the dash its air in your coolant or its just low.

If the moonroof drains are plugged you will see water laying in the channels around the glass when it open.

If there is water in the doors drill two 1/4" holes in the very corners where there are already drains in each door the weather strips are gonna be fine water is meant to drain past them into the door to a degree.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It could be water in the doors in some cases.

But if you hear a running water sound, especially coming from the dash area, it is the coolant moving through. You probably are hearing it because of air in the system. This was the case in this particular thread. The guys water pump was leaking, and letting air in the system, causing the water noise to come from his dash area.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:58 PM

There is at least four pages I haven't read so I apoligize if this was covered. That and if this happened in the snowy north in January I really didn't check on date and place.

On the fire wall check to see if the evaporator drain is clogged. The water could be ac condensate trapped in the drain pan. If I leave my 95 Monte sitting for a long time the bugs often plug it up. It often sounds the same way like water sloshing around on accleration.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:07 PM

Ok guys, I have read the thread, and seem to have two issues, but I don't know if they're related.

I also have the sloshing water sound as well. I noticed it yesterday again (it WAS raining, don't know if this is related.) I didn't drive it much today, and didn't notice the sloshing sound, but I WAS listening to music, so that may have just drowned it out. I read about the coolant, and I DID just have A/C coolant added. However, my mechanic added some dye to see if the A/C was leaking, which would have been a reason the AC wasn't pumping out cold air. He said it was not, however.

Anyway, when I got home a little while ago, I reached down to the rear passenger floor, to grab something, and the carpet was soaked. I sopped up the majority with about 15 different towels, and am leaving the passenger side window about 20% down, but I only want to leave it like that for probably another half hour, because I don't live in the most crime-free city.

Again, I don't know if these two are related, but I read in this thread about possible flooding in the interior, and the sloshing sound / coolant, so I'm trying to make a connection.

I'd appreciate any help you guys could give. I just bought the car two months ago, and seem like I'm running into all these problems.

PS - Don't think it matters, but it's a 2003 SS.

Thanks

Old 06-14-2010, 12:14 AM

Thread resurrection!

I'm experiencing this same water sloshing / waterfall type sound when turning corners. I have read all five pages of this thread and I have not found a solution to my issue.

I have a 98 3100. The car has just started making this sound in the past week. The coolant level in the tank has not moved since my last flush and I do not have a moonroof.

What else could it be? Could my heater core be clogged still?

EDIT: Solution found! (link) https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fi...equired-21645/

Last edited by vandy; 09-09-2013 at 03:06 PM.