Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Sound of water flowing when giving car gas.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:08 AM

I am semi-mechanically inclined. I try to save some $$$ doing things myself, plus it feels good to become "one with your car". I have been keeping a very close eye on the coolant level. Hasn't budged so far. Next oil change I do will be done by me. I'll scope out the looks of the oil, see if it shows signs of coolant. If the coolant level stays put, oil looks good, and it doesn't overheat, I'll just run with that for a while. I just started with the cheap and easy to fix, and will get to the not cheap or easy repairs if need be. That's how I roll!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

As long as your keeping and eye on it, and everything is fine, no need to spending the money, or fix something that isnt broken!

Old 12-02-2009, 12:52 PM

mamonte, where can you bleed the coolant on our cars? i was told that there was no bleeder for the coolant

Old 12-02-2009, 01:32 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by sonin66
mamonte, where can you bleed the coolant on our cars? i was told that there was no bleeder for the coolant
Honestly, I've never found one either. I've looked pretty hard too, and the Hanes manual doesnt show where one is located either.

I just fill everything up with coolant, driving the car around, wait for it to warm up, take the cap off the coolant filler neck (not the overflow, cause sometimes that stays full, and the block still needs coolant), and add coolant till its full. I repeat this process a few times (with the heater on full blast the whole time), one it appears to be completly full, I just drive it. Let it cool over night (this is when it will suck in coolant from the overflow if needed) then check the coolant level in the morning before starting it. Top off the overflow, and filler neck as needed, and then you should be good to go, and all air is out of the system. I usually check on the coolant level for like 3 days after messing with the coolant system, just to make sure it is not sucking in more coolant. I've never had a problems with this method on my car. I wish I could find a bleeder, it would make it so much easier. Trust me, if I ever do, I'll make a thread for all of us 7th gen V6's!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
I wish I could find a bleeder, it would make it so much easier. Trust me, if I ever do, I'll make a thread for all of us 7th gen V6's!
It's my understanding on your engines that the whole process that the coolant system uses is completely new. It's a new routing design, like a U shape, that goes from the front to the back and through the cylinder head, plus a coolant crossover so no coolant has to enter the intake manifold.

Also to add fluid there is a fill point near the power steering pump and that fill point prevents air from ever entering, which prevents you from having to bleed air, therefore this is no bleed screw.

Just new technology I guess making some old things obsolete.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:29 PM

10 Year Member

Your right, I remember the coolant crossover thing, they showed it to me once while my car was up on the rack at the dealer.

I think the filler neck I was refering to is the one by the power steering pump, which has that tight as hell cap on it that we were talking about earlier.

Even when I fill it through there, I still get plenty of air in the system, but it works its way out as I drive it.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:34 PM

15 Year Member

I don't have your system, that's just what I've read on it.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:42 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
I don't have your system, that's just what I've read on it.
Really, I thought maybe you put the new cooling system in your 3.8L :pJ/K!

*just remember, I wish I was like you: ANGEL* hahaha!

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 12-02-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Who edited what? I'm an angel.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:08 PM

15 Year Member

what did you say????

You might wanna re-read that...

Old 12-02-2009, 09:11 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
what did you say????

You might wanna re-read that...
LMAO, for a quick second you had me on that one...using your mod powers to twist my words is not cool! LOL J/K!

I gotta hand it to you, that was good!

Quick Reply: Sound of water flowing when giving car gas.