Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

shifter button

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default shifter button

my release button on shifter just poped out few mounths back..tried putting back into shifter T handle but it just fall out[won't stay in]can i get just the release button and push it in and stay or do i have to get whole ****er T handle or whole shifter;;how do i change what ever i have to change to fix this..really a pain sticking finger into side of handle to release shifter to get in gear and looks bad missing;

Old 10-09-2013, 10:07 PM

Here is a topic on how to change the handle. https://montecarloforum.com/forum/si...ob-easy-38867/

Old 10-09-2013, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ndaguanno
Here is a topic on how to change the handle. https://montecarloforum.com/forum/si...ob-easy-38867/
thanks;;anyone making any nice aftermarket **** ***** to fit the 04?since need to change mine because of flying button[lol]thinking why not put something little more custom look then stock;;;have the [looks black but not called black insides]with yellow outside..thinking of doing carbon fiber highlights to interior[vinly wrap]like maybe around gauges[if you can take apart instrument cluster to do it]couple pieces on console area and the panel sec above arm rest on doors and few other places;;not to much.don't want a gaddy look;;some times to much hurts looks more then helps;;be nice if could find shifter **** in a look like carbon fiber;;;if do the carbon fiber stuff what color should go with?i was sort thinking black or maybe another color..what you think??

Old 10-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would do the shifter **** in body color. Black carbon fibre inside the black/charcoal interior is just more black. Need a bit of color to break it up.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by hotrodharley
my release button on shifter just poped out few mounths back..tried putting back into shifter T handle but it just fall out[won't stay in]can i get just the release button and push it in and stay or do i have to get whole ****er T handle or whole shifter;;how do i change what ever i have to change to fix this..really a pain sticking finger into side of handle to release shifter to get in gear and looks bad missing;
If its popping out glue it back on with some trim adhesive. If you want a new shifter I suggest matrix or pilot. Pilot makes a stainless steel or vinyl pistol grip and matrix makes some carbon fiber,one that's yelow with carbon fiber. If its an auto shifter it would look B A on your car. I'm looking at a red and carbon fiber shifter from pilot.