Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

"Service Vechicle Soon" light

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS Monte
I am not forsure. Another thing, wha is the difference between the Grad Prix Supercharged at the Mnote Carlo SS Supercharged motors? Both have the 3800 Sierries II motors. Would it matter if I said the BCS is for the ponitac?
The only difference is that the Monte has a few parts from the Series 3 supercharger, but that's all in the bottom of the engine. So the Pontiac part should work as long as it is from a 1998-2003 Grand Prix

Old 10-11-2011, 12:42 AM

Thanks for the info. I have noticed something else that is odd about my car, while driving at night, half of the speedo is lit up. The rest of the gauges are bright. This happens again at very odd times and different days just like the SVS light. I have adjusted the dimmer switch to all the way up and all the down. I am starting to think the BCM is bad...

Would anyone know where the Rt (right) BCM is located?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS Monte
while driving at night, half of the speedo is lit up. The rest of the gauges are bright.
That could just be a bulb going bad.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:54 PM

Thanks. I am trying to pin point what could be the issue. Everyone I have talked to do not have the slightest idea or where to get a BCS. Could you point me in the right direction?

Old 08-26-2012, 06:33 PM

Update: Every morning leaving for work the SVS light comes and again no preformance issues. My husband and I replaced the spark plugs n wires with OEM stock replacent parts. I know where to get the SC bypass actualtor and solenoid off ebay. All of the parts stores I have gone to tell me "It is a dealership only part."

TechSmart U44001 Supercharger Bypass Solenoid | eBay

For anyone who is looking for the same parts as I am.

I will place my order and see if this helps the SVS light.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:52 PM

Before throwing parts at it, what is the code? A quality scan tool (not auto parts store) can pull what it is. I have a feeling you are going completely in the wrong direction. SVS can be caused by body controls, HVAC, Air bag, TPMS, etc.

Example: Go pull your DRL relay and fire your car up. The SVS light will be on.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by aussiek2000
Before throwing parts at it, what is the code? A quality scan tool (not auto parts store) can pull what it is. I have a feeling you are going completely in the wrong direction. SVS can be caused by body controls, HVAC, Air bag, TPMS, etc.

Example: Go pull your DRL relay and fire your car up. The SVS light will be on.
The AC has not worked in about two years. I had it serviced and even replaced the blend doors and the climate controlls. For the AC to work, we would have to jump the AC clutch. The heater works well. There are no codes but somejing has been mentioned about the AC high and the boost act and solenoid.

I will have to pull the DRL replay after work and see if the SVS light comes on.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:20 AM

I was just giving an example of what could cause it to turn on. It doesn't necessarily have to be engine related.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:47 AM

I have gone two days without the SVS light ever comming on and I have done nothing different to the S-Charged. The head lights, brake lights, turn signals work. I got the bypass actuator in the mail the other day. I will replace that and see if the darn light goes away.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:01 AM

Does anyone know the part # for the Boost control solenoid for a 2005 3800? Called the dealer and they couldn't find the part in the system! I want to get rid of the SVS light!

Quick Reply: "Service Vechicle Soon" light