Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

"Service Vechicle Soon" light

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Default "Service Vechicle Soon" light

Hey everyone! It's has been a LONG time I have posted on here. I still have my 05 S-Charged Monte. About a year ago I noticed the "Service Vechicle Soon" messer came up on the message center. I have many of times tried to pull a code but my OBII reader comes back with no codes. The error message is not consistent. Yesterday it did not come on but it did this morning. I have no preformance issues what so ever. I have had the cats replaced about 2 years ago because of the recall.

I got the history pulled at a local auto shop. They said something about a boost solenoid could be going bad. If that is the case, I would be able to pull a code? Then I was asked if I put oil in the Supercharger?? I did not know I had to.... I cannot even get the allen key bolt untighted from the cone! Yes I am turning the correct way.

What I am asking is this a common problem/error message with any S-Charged GM?

Old 09-28-2011, 06:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

SVS is usually a BCM code I believe. CEL is the OBD-II system.

Yes you should change the supercharger fluid about every 30k

Old 09-28-2011, 08:35 AM

Good to know. Thanks for the info. I tried a few times last night to get the alen bolt out of the S-Charged cone but it would not budge. My husband is going to try today. I am hoping this fixes the SVS error. It is very random when it comes on.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:55 AM

15 Year Member

here's a good guide to changing the oil:

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/G...nge/index.html

Old 10-02-2011, 04:31 PM

Update: I went back to the shop and they where able to get the bolt out and new Supercharger oil. I am still getting the error. Another thing the shop said it could be the boost control solenoid. Would anyone know what the heck it looks like? We drive to Pioneer CA yesterday with NO message but this afternoon it came back. Thanks again.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:48 AM

After cleaning the boost control solenoid plug in, my car runs differently in a good way. It is not misfiring and it does not hesitate The thing I noticed is it was running a little warm at an idle in 70 digree weather. Once traffic started to move, the temp went to one tick past half. It normally ran that way before I cleaned both ends of the solenoid using a electronic cleaner in a spray can made for things like this. Now I am wondering if this is how my car should be running? I have been driving my car with the SVS message popping up ever now n then for the past year.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:00 AM

15 Year Member

If you see your coolant isn't working as well as it used to, you should get a coolant flush. Dexcool likes to break down (like other fluids) so a nice flush is good every other year or so.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:21 AM

well the SVS light came back today as I was leaving work. I am so frustrated with this issue because I cannot find the part at any part shop nor any websites. How can a car be sold if NO one has the OME replacement parts? I have to smog the car this year and if the SVS issue causes the car to fail, I am done with this car.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:39 AM

15 Year Member

I thought you could actually bypass that with no problems.

But I'm not supercharged so I'm out of options for you, sorry.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:04 PM

I am not forsure. Another thing, wha is the difference between the Grad Prix Supercharged at the Mnote Carlo SS Supercharged motors? Both have the 3800 Sierries II motors. Would it matter if I said the BCS is for the ponitac?

Quick Reply: "Service Vechicle Soon" light