Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

service traction control? help anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 06:36 PM

p0011 is the code that reads in my car when the service traction light comes on. the car also has a awful feeling shift into second and third when the lights on. once codes are clear the car drives perfectly fine. the code p0011 is for the signal performance of the camshaft actuator solenoid circuit.

- what ever that means in mechanic language

Old 05-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Maybe the electrical connector on the solenoid is loose/dirty?

Old 05-28-2012, 08:25 PM

your trac control will always come on if you slam the pedal. Thats why it is there it keeps you from doing burnouts. weal hub and faulty wiring caused my service trac control to come on. happened to me twice. it will always turn off if you shut car off best thing to do is when it says service trac control take it to the dealership right then without ever turning it off so they can see the code.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:21 PM

Today I was driving around and all of a sudden 3 OBD lights came on The service trac control Light came on and The traction Off Light was on and the ABS light. I just happened to have my code reader in the car and No codes came up but the P0171 Code which is the MAF sensor. I keep getting this P0171 poping up so I first cleaned it with MAF cleaner then I bought a new one online and installed it and every once and a while the damn P0171 comes back. Anyone else going threw this. My next draw is I bought a new IAC Valve and Im going too replace it tomorrow. Could my faulty IAC be triggering these issues as I am not getting any codes either for the IAC but when Im acellerating the car Hessitates and jerks a little, yet when Im on the highway its fine. Any one else have this issue or any suggestions would be appreciated.
My Car is a 2000 Monte SS 3.8 Litre.
Chris.
Also where are all the main grounds on these cars?? I changed the battery on my car and notice the one ground was corroded really bad under the Battery tray so I fixed it and sanded the fender it was attached too. So where are the others located any diagrams kicking around??

Old 01-27-2013, 09:19 AM

Is the scanner you're using capable of retrieving ABS codes? If not, that would explain why you weren't able to detect codes relating to the brake system. The Traction Off/ABS lights coming on simultaneously is a common sign that a wheel bearing (hub) is in need of replacement. The P0171 code indicates a lean condition on bank 1. It could be a problem with the MAF sensor, but it could also be caused by a vacuum leak, dirty injector, defective PCV valve, insufficient fuel pressure or a defective O2 sensor. In order to determine the exact cause of the P0171 code you may want to have the computer queried with a Tech II (or equivalent) scanner that is capable of displaying history data.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Is the scanner you're using capable of retrieving ABS codes? If not, that would explain why you weren't able to detect codes relating to the brake system. The Traction Off/ABS lights coming on simultaneously is a common sign that a wheel bearing (hub) is in need of replacement. The P0171 code indicates a lean condition on bank 1. It could be a problem with the MAF sensor, but it could also be caused by a vacuum leak, dirty injector, defective PCV valve, insufficient fuel pressure or a defective O2 sensor. In order to determine the exact cause of the P0171 code you may want to have the computer queried with a Tech II (or equivalent) scanner that is capable of displaying history data.
Thanks Mike I changed the Maf and put a new IAC on yesterday as the IAC was black and stuck open. so we will give it a couple of days too see if it corrected the problem So far just taking it out on the highway for 20 minutes I noticed a huge difference in Power.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:23 PM

I have a similar issue I've been living with for over a year with my 07SS. I've changed the hub that was supposedly bad, but still get the problem and anytime I hit a significant bump it pops the service tv and abs lights on and they stay on until I turn the car off. I have a feeling it is the wiring now that needs to be replaced, I just haven't felt like tracing the wires and replacing them. Somtimes though, right before the lights come in you can feel something in the brake pedal that isn't quite normal, or you will have no brakes at all for a split second and then the lights come on and you get pressure. It's weird.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by fiveirontimmy
...anytime I hit a significant bump it pops the service tv and abs lights on and they stay on until I turn the car off. I have a feeling it is the wiring now that needs to be replaced, I just haven't felt like tracing the wires and replacing them. Somtimes though, right before the lights come in you can feel something in the brake pedal that isn't quite normal, or you will have no brakes at all for a split second and then the lights come on and you get pressure. It's weird.
Yes, it does sound like you have a loose/dirty connection or a frayed/broken wire that's causing the lights to come on. When checking the wiring you may want to also clean the sensor connectors with some electronics cleaner. The momentary difference in pedal pressure you feel prior to the lights coming on is the computer disabling traction control and abs because it thinks there is a problem.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:22 AM

Replaced the harness, and in the process saw where it had been patched before. I would suspect that was the problem. Works like it's supposed to again.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:23 AM

Good to hear you found the problem and were able to resolve it.

Quick Reply: service traction control? help anyone?