Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   service traction control? help anyone? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/service-traction-control-help-anyone-30112/)

blackmonte781 08-07-2011 08:25 PM

service traction control? help anyone?

has anyone here had the "service traction control" message and light come on? my montes got 60,100 miles now and that message has popped up while driving and the light stays on until the car is turned off. once off it doesnt come back but the past 2 months its came on randomly about 3 times. when it goes on my car shifts a little funky as well and i NEVER beat on my car. she never sees more than 2500 rpm at the most lol. has anyone had this problem? does this mean serious money to fix?

PacerSS 08-07-2011 08:51 PM

Replace wheel bearings or the VSS in the differential

solaris_vii 08-07-2011 10:14 PM

ive had this same problem with my 06 lt. took it to the dealership while it was under waranty and they said that when there is a misfire the system kicks off the traction control and keeps it off until it stops misfiring. it also shifted hard when like this, and it would keep beeping as it turned on and off, very annoying. their solution? clean the fuel system out, something like $300 not covered under warranty because it was "general maintenance." this was at about 35000 miles. my solution? run some fuel injector cleaner through it a couple times and at every oil change. havent had the problem in 30000 miles now :D. i knew it wasnt anything with the traction control since when i floored it or was driving in rain the traction still worked fine. hopefully this info will help you!

blackmonte781 08-10-2011 10:42 AM

thanks for the info fellas. the front ends nice n tight and the light went away after i drove the car. im going to try the fuel injector cleaner with my next tank of gas.

Duderino 03-13-2012 07:42 PM

at school my teacher,ex gm tech,,took out my abs line, cut it up and ran along till he found the short,,,right before the plug, wire was all black,,snipped out back,re attached and rewound the wires,,no more warning lights,,
Dude

wobigpat000 03-21-2012 08:49 PM

same thing happened on my 07 monte lt. I had the auto tech lab at school scan it and they me it was the vehicle speed sensor in the front passenger hub. well since the speed sensor is a part of the hub, all i had to do was replace the hub/bearing assembly. But after that there was a mistake on there part, they accidentally broke the wiring harness for the sensor, so they just traced it back to the main harness and replaced it. now i havent had any traction control issue

oh3monteSS 03-30-2012 08:35 PM

I'm currently having the same issue, could it be the HUB assembly?

God_Bot 05-27-2012 12:07 PM

You can try scans, from what I've gathered several different things will trigger the light. I was getting a Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor error, replaced the sensor and it didn't really change anything. I replaced spark plugs and wires, old ones were nasty (103k miles). Worked a little better but not completely.

I have cleaned the throttle body and since I cleaned it a few weeks ago I haven't been able to trip the code again.

My advise, if you've got some miles on your car then try a tune up.

03SSLE 05-27-2012 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by oh3monteSS (Post 441740)
I'm currently having the same issue, could it be the HUB assembly?

That would be the first thing I'd check. A worn bearing in the hub is known to set the ABS and Traction Control lights in these cars. ;)

Duderino 05-28-2012 11:01 AM

My MAP signal keeps coming up,,Ive changed the spark plugs,,not easy took 2 hrs,,changed the wires,and bought a new MAP as well, 75$ ,,wen i drive normally the error code no longer appears, now wen i smash my fun pedal it comes off again, i remove gently and just dip it in oil then place it back, wiped the erea clean, but it goes away after i let the engine cool,,no one can figure it out so i leave it as it is wen it happens. cause i tuned my engine i always slam the pedal.
thats wen my service traction control comes on too but wen i turn the engine off for 10-15 mins it doesnt appear again, for me its due to i have more torque now and did not upgrade my suspension...
Duderino