Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Service Advisory - 2006 Monte/Impala/GXP

Old 10-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default Service Advisory - 2006 Monte/Impala/GXP

There is a new Service Bulletinfor SS models with the 5.3L V8. If your car feels like it is missing or slacking you get a new exhaust system FREE!

Now one may ask way would you care since most of you are replacing the stock exhaust for a cat-back system? Well the answer is clear to me now, that I have done some research. The stock exhaust offers a lot more torque out of the hole than a modified exhaust system. Why? Because our smallblock needs the backpressure. So... instead of running a Flowmaster, Dynaflow, magnaflow, borla, etc., one would be smart to run a stock exhaust withauto cut-outs right after the exhaust manifolds. Why? Now you capitalize on the higher lowend torque of the stock exhaust and the highend horsepower of the low or no back pressure exhaust systems. Come out of the hole stock, hit the auto cut-outs as your car approaches 4500RPM, your car goes from being a quiet kitten to a full raging lion and your tearing up the road. Race over... hit the switch and your car is a quiet kitten again.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Default RE: Service Advisory - 2006 Monte/Impala/GXP

Can you elaborate on the TSB for the exhaust? How is the car reacting when it feels like it is missing? I have had instances where I felt I was down on power, or it was hiccupping when I was under acceleration.

Thnx.