Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Rough Idle.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Default Rough Idle.

Hey, you guys helped me before so I'm hopeful you can help me again.

Over the last week in this arctic warzone that is Detroit I have noticed an issue with my wife's 2005 Monte Carlo LT. When you start it it is idling a bit higher until you touch the gas and go on your way and when you are "inching forward" at stop signs and the like it jerking/idling rough. Then this morning when I started it up the idle was rough when the vehicle just sat there. Once you start going it clears itself up and acts as normal as possible.

It's not throwing on a Check Engine light and I am taking it to an auto parts store tonight to see if it is throwing some form of a code. I was curious if anyone else had this issue and how was it resolved? I am searched the site and nothing has come up that exactly fits the issue I am having. I was planning on doing an oil change tomorrow (since it's due) and a Seafoam cleaning so if possible I want to do the repair tomorrow as well. (Since it won't be snowing. Somehow.)

From what I did learn from searching the site is that it sounds like it could be the Fuel Regulator, a Fuel Filter issue, or some form of a leak somewhere within the system. I am leaning towards a fuel issue because it has been sucking down a bit more than usual and as I mentioned it is idling a bit higher when started in the morning now. Or as I have come to understand with this vehicle, it could be any number of things.

Thanks for any help with this issue.