Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Ragedy ass monte LS 02

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:37 AM
Default RE: Ragedy *** monte LS 02

i hadn't taken it off yet but i'll take it off tomorrow if i can figure it out and i'll set the auction up on ebay. thanks holla back

Old 06-05-2006, 11:50 PM

ok man... lol i hope you dont put it up and someone else buys it on me...idk how were going to do this...i could just send you a money order but...... nothing against you but i have a hard time trusting anyone cause **** gets stolen from me constantly

Old 06-07-2006, 04:59 AM

i took the spoiler off last night and im ready to sell if u are ready to buy. we can do ebay or you can send a money order its up to u, which ever way u feel safer, but i can assure u that i wouldn't handle business like that. email me at malletboys337@aol.com or you can even call me at 337-351-1769.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:15 AM

alright man...

ill send a money order... 50 sounded good to you right?

Old 06-11-2006, 12:07 PM

I'll give you $51.....

J/K TBM29.....

Old 06-11-2006, 12:34 PM

arent we a joker...

i cant wait till i get this spoiler up on the car man..

Old 07-01-2006, 01:20 PM

Could it be the timing chain/belt skipping? I had an 87 Riviera that popped it's chain, but would run decent for a couple of minutes, then the engine would misfire and eventually stall out. It ran OK until the engine warmed up.

Old 07-06-2006, 09:32 PM

This sounds like a fuel delivery concern. There is a procedure, but it really should be looked at by a professional. I am going to post up something for you but I do not recommend trying this on your own. I am giving it to you for informational purposes only.

Document ID# 1530864
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Multiple Driveability Symptoms Due to Clogged Fuel Injectors (Clean Injectors) #03-06-04-030A - (06/24/2004)

Models: 2000-2004 Buick Century, LeSabre, Park Avenue, Regal

2002-2004 Buick Rendezvous

2002-2004 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT

2003-2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

2000 Chevrolet S-10

2000-2001 Chevrolet Lumina

2000-2002 Chevrolet Camaro

2000-2004 Chevrolet Cavalier, Impala, Malibu, Monte Carlo, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Venture

2001-2004 Chevrolet Express

2002-2004 Chevrolet Astro, Avalanche, Trailblazer

2003-2004 Chevrolet Blazer, S-10, Trailblazer EXT

2004 Chevrolet Classic, Colorado

2000 GMC Sonoma

2000-2004 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

2001-2004 GMC Denali, Denali XL , Savana

2002-2004 GMC Envoy, Safari

2003-2004 GMC Envoy XL, Jimmy, Sonoma

2004 GMC Canyon

2000-2004 Oldsmobile Alero, Silhouette

2002-2004 Oldsmobile Bravada

2000-2001 Pontiac Transport

2000-2002 Pontiac Firebird

2000-2004 Pontiac Bonneville, Grand Am, Grand Prix, Sunfire

2001-2004 Pontiac Aztek

2002-2004 Pontiac Montana

2003-2004 HUMMER H2

with 2.2L, 2.8L, 3.1L, 3.4L, 3.5L, 3.8L, 4.2L, 4.3L, 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L, or 8.1L Engine (VINs F, 4, 8, J, E, 6, K, S, X, V, T, N, U, G - RPOs L61, LN2, LK5, LG8, LA1, L52, L36, LL8, LU3, LR4, LM7, LQ9, LQ4, L18)

and Multec II Fuel Injectors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to update the procedure, models and model years. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 03-06-04-030 (Section 06 -- Engine).

Condition
Some owners may comment on driveability symptoms of long or hard starts, chuggle, rough idle and light or intermittent misfire. The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) may also illuminate.

Cause
Due to various factors, the fuel injectors may become restricted. Extensive testing has demonstrated that fuel related issues are the cause of clogged injectors. At this point, no specific fuel, fuel constituent, or engine condition has been identified as causing the restriction. The restriction causes the engine to operate at a lean air fuel ratio. This may either trigger the MIL to illuminate or the engine to develop various driveability symptoms.

Correction
Fuel injector restrictions, deposits, can be cleaned on the vehicle using the following procedure. Under NO circumstances should this procedure be modified, changed or shortened.

Notice: The recommended mixture amount of GM Top-Engine Cleaner has been increased from 5% used in prior procedures to 10%. This increase was implemented to improve the effectiveness of the injector cleaning procedure. Follow the cleaning procedure carefully to minimize the risk of fuel system damage. Testing has demonstrated that exceeding the 10% cleaning solution concentration does not improve the effectiveness of this procedure. GM Top-Engine Cleaner is the only injector cleaning agent approved for use with General Motors fuel system components. Other injector cleaners may cause damage to plastics, plated metals or bearings. General Motors has completed extensive laboratory testing of GM Top-Engine Cleaner, and can assure its compatibility with General Motors fuel system components, as long as the cleaning procedure is followed correctly.

Important: Thi

Old 07-06-2006, 09:41 PM

Also... If the fuel injector harness has been off, there is now a misfire at steady state speed and RPM and normal diagnostics have failed to identify the cause, suspect crossed fuel injector connectors. Remove the manifold and check the color code of each circuit to verify its routed to the correct injector.

Important: The rear cylinder head is the odd bank (1-3-5), and the front head the even (2-4-6). The numbers cast into the intake make it look the opposite because the runners cross to the other side.

Additionally, General Motors has decided that certain 2001 and 2002 Chevrolet Malibu, Impala, Monte Carlo, Venture; Pontiac Grand Am, Grand Prix, Montana, Aztek; Oldsmobile Alero, Silhouette; Buick Century, Rendezvous model vehicles equipped with 3.1L (RPO LG8 - VIN Code J) or 3.4L (RPO LA1 - VIN Code E) engine may exhibit a condition in which the cylinder head valve springs fail. This condition may cause upper engine noise, engine miss and/or engine failure.

The following tree chart may also come in handy...

Document ID# 644827
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Base Engine Misfire without Internal Engine Noises
Cause
Correction

Abnormalities consist of severe cracking, bumps, or missing areas in the accessory drive belt

Abnormalities in the accessory drive system and/or components may cause engine RPM variations and lead to a misfire DTC. A misfire code may be present without an actual misfire condition.
Replace the drive belt. Refer to Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement .

Worn, damaged, or mis-aligned accessory drive components or excessive pulley runout may lead to a misfire DTC.

A misfire code may be present without an actual misfire condition.
Inspect the components, and repair or replace as required.

Loose or improperly installed engine flywheel or crankshaft balancer

A misfire code may be present without an actual misfire condition.
Repair or replace the flywheel and/or balancer as required. Refer to Engine Flywheel Replacement or Crankshaft Balancer Replacement .

Restricted exhaust system

A severe restriction in the exhaust flow can cause significant loss of engine performance and may set a DTC. Possible causes of restrictions include collapsed or dented pipes or plugged mufflers and/or catalytic converters.
Repair or replace as required.

Improperly installed or damaged vacuum hoses

Improper sealing between the intake manifold and cylinder heads or throttle body.
Replace the intake manifold, gaskets, cylinder heads, and/or throttle body as required.

Worn or loose rocker arms

The rocker arm bearing end caps and/or needle bearings should be intact and in the proper position.
Replace the valve rocker arms as required.

Worn or bent pushrods
Replace the pushrods.

Stuck valves

Carbon buildup on the valve stem can cause the valve not to close properly.

Excessively worn or mis-aligned timing chain
Replace the timing chain and sprockets as required.

Worn camshaft lobes
Replace the camshaft and valve lifters.

Excessive oil pressure

A lubrication system with excessive oil pressure may lead to excessive valve lifter pump-up and loss of compression.
• Perform an oil pressure test. Refer to Oil Pressure Diagnosis and Testing .

• Repair or replace the oil pump as required.

Faulty cylinder head gaskets and/or cracking or other damage to the cylinder heads and engine block cooling system passages. Refer to Diagnostic Starting Point - Engine Cooling .

Coolant consumption may or may not cause the engine to overheat.
• Inspect for spark plugs saturated by coolant. Refer to Spark Plug Inspection in Engine Controls.

• Inspect the cylinder heads, engine block, a