Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

dome light

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005
Default dome light

does anyone know if u can change the color of the dome light any way

Old 05-22-2005, 02:51 AM
Default RE: dome light

The best way, buy colored bulbs. www.lightlens.com should be a good resource for you.

You can also do like I did way back when, there is a marker you can get at Michael's, I forget the name of it offhand, but you can color your existing bulb. This method is the cheap way to do it, but the ink will wear off/fade.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:57 PM

go to a truck stop in your area and find the bulb caps they have there for the sleepre births we used to do this so we wernt blinded by the lights when we were strying to sleep and the other driver would stop

also they are nice if you are looking at a map they are noit real brite at night

but the trick is get two sets incase you want them darker for your taste.

they are cheap like 3.00 a set
you can get them for all kinds of sized bulbs and then you dont have to throw away a good bulb.

but they will also let you know if you want to have this or not if so you can replace the bulb the next time with the colored one.

Most truck stops also sell colored bulbs

Old 05-25-2005, 02:47 AM

the marker at Michaels is called "Aqua Marine"

Back when I had my "SaucyCivic", I had it painted Auburn Maple Metallic, which was a warm shade of burgundy, looked soooo nice. Anyway, I changed my dome light/door lights/trunk light/license plate lights all to red. Man, it looked so damn nice, I miss that car:sad:

Old 05-25-2005, 04:06 AM

yeah i mis my first love to
68 SS Elcamino with the 454 and a 4 speed. it was black cherry metalic and then the inside was greay tweed, it used to be nice and verry fast

but after i sold it the kid that bouht it ran over a light pole with it ne night runnng from the cops for racing. Dumb *** but hey we all learn sometime but it cost him the car his lic. and also 8montsh worht of his life in jail.
hope he fiured it out that was a bad idea

Old 05-25-2005, 04:14 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

yeah i mis my first love to
68 SS Elcamino with the 454 and a 4 speed. it was black cherry metalic and then the inside was greay tweed, it used to be nice and verry fast

but after i sold it the kid that bouht it ran over a light pole with it ne night runnng from the cops for racing. Dumb *** but hey we all learn sometime but it cost him the car his lic. and also 8montsh worht of his life in jail.
hope he fiured it out that was a bad idea
I like El Camino's too, but the mid to late 80's version.

Old 05-25-2005, 04:17 AM

yeah i like those to they are nice when done right with that malibu style but i also like the earlie ones fro 68-72 right before they changed the to the round ugly thing they sad was a elcamino. LOL

but they are one of those you love or you hate and no inbetween

I bought mine and didnt really care for then to much till i ownd it then i wish i would have never gotten rid of it

Old 05-25-2005, 04:21 AM

yeah i like those to they are nice when done right with that malibu style but i also like the earlie ones fro 68-72 right before they changed the to the round ugly thing they sad was a elcamino. LOL

but they are one of those you love or you hate and no inbetween

I bought mine and didnt really care for then to much till i ownd it then i wish i would have never gotten rid of it
ahaha, I hear you man. I haven't been in a situation like that, and when I do finally get my hands on my old school of choice, a 69 or 72 Cutlass, I will not let it go, EVER.

Old 05-25-2005, 04:31 AM

yeah i hear ya but kids change things fast LOL

I want to get another old school type car when i do it will be a old monte carlo AGAIN!

or i will get another 67-69 camaro then there is a chvell SS that i would like to have to LOL

actually i need to have a big building so i can store them all LOL

Old 05-25-2005, 04:33 AM

yeah i hear ya but kids change things fast LOL

I want to get another old school type car when i do it will be a old monte carlo AGAIN!

or i will get another 67-69 camaro then there is a chvell SS that i would like to have to LOL

actually i need to have a big building so i can store them all LOL
who you telling? I have two kids of my own!

Quick Reply: dome light