Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Ragedy ass monte LS 02

Old 06-01-2006, 05:10 AM
Default Ragedy *** monte LS 02

i hate this car, im tired of it. won't stop missing. the car iz crazy. i don't know what to do now. Everytime i check it on the computer it always gives the same code- "CYLINDER 1 MISSFIRE" here is a list of the things i already changed. new plugs and wires twice, fuel filter, CYLINDER 1 coil pack, and today i changed the CYLINDER 1 injector. the car iz hopeless. THIS IZ THA CRAZY PART: everytime i put fresh gas it stops missing for a while, i guess it depends on the quality of the fuel and i run supreme everytime. then it starts again at any random time, but as soon as i put some more no matter if i just put some it will stop again. this is what i mean if u don't understand that: EXAMPLE-If i fill it up at the shell station on block 1 it will stop missing, but 5 miles later it will start missing again and if i stop and put more gas at the Chevron on block 5 it will stop again. WEIRD! it surges on the highway, because the RPMs jump up and down a little. it doesn't smoke and it most of the time it starts rite up. is this a fuel problem or electrical? Converter? sensor? Valve?what else can i do? any help will be appreciated.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Default RE: Ragedy *** monte LS 02

What does the spark plug look like on #1? Have you pulled a compression test on #1?

Old 06-01-2006, 01:24 PM

It has to be somthing that resets itself after you shut the car off. Next time it starts missing, shut the car off for the amount of time it would take you to put gas in. If it goes away then you know it's nothing to do with you adding fuel(wich I can't see that actually affecting anything). Do you have access to a scan tool that can read the data stream? If you do, is #1 the only cylinder missfiring? Sometimes when a code is thrown it will only list the missfire with the highest count. If you could read the data stream and watch the missfire count then you could see if another cylinder is missing also (ie. cyl #4) and help dertermine if you should look more towards fuel or ignition. What engine is in it. Different engines have different issues that are common among them. Definatly do as montejass said and run a compression test. At least then you'll know if it is internal on the engine or if you need to go to another system.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:57 PM

you selling your spoiler mallet?

Old 06-03-2006, 06:17 AM

sure make an offer

Old 06-03-2006, 06:21 AM

i have no idea what the plud looks liks but it is an acdelco platinuma nd somebody told me not to run the platinum, run the copper. i plan to have a compression test done. what about the 02 sensor? or module or converter.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:45 AM

Even if the compression test results are decent, do a cylinder leakdown test while you're at it.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:35 PM

Make sure ya get a good look at your plugs when ya get the tests done. It can tell you alot about what is going on in the cylinder. Here is a web page with some good info on how to read a plug and some ideas on to where to start looking for a fix.

All About Your Engine's Spark Plugs

Old 06-04-2006, 09:43 AM

you're a big help , thanks

Old 06-04-2006, 09:21 PM

hey mallet man whats going on with the spoiler.... hows 50 sound?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ragedy ass monte LS 02