Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Prepping my pace car wing

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 02:45 AM
Default Prepping my pace car wing

I got my wing in today and sanded it down with 1500 grit paper. I noticed a few little spots that could use a little filler but I don't want to go buy a jar of bondo when in reality i'm only gonna use like 1/2 tsp at most. Any suggestions on what I could/should use to fill in the indentions? Test fit of the wing today went well, it fits very well and shouldn't have any gaps once bolted down.

After I finish the prep, I plan on painting it myself with a rattle can, using the touch up paint from the dealership. I will be color sanding between coats so i'm not worried about orange peel cause I can take care of that, my only worry is that the paint matches. Anybody have any experience with factory touch up paint?

Old 10-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Default RE: Prepping my pace car wing

for the little imperfections your talking about you should be able to get some spot putty. It's sold in tubes and comes in small amounts. I havn't had any experience with touch up paint matches but a buddy of mine swears by the places that come out and take a shot of your paint with a machine and then it gives them the mix to perfectly match your paint. Just a thought for ya

Old 10-14-2006, 03:37 AM
Default RE: Prepping my pace car wing

ORIGINAL: TrickRacin

for the little imperfections your talking about you should be able to get some spot putty. It's sold in tubes and comes in small amounts. I havn't had any experience with touch up paint matches but a buddy of mine swears by the places that come out and take a shot of your paint with a machine and then it gives them the mix to perfectly match your paint. Just a thought for ya
I'll look for that putty, thanks.