Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Putting pace car body kit and wing on 02 MCSS. Help???

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 09:51 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Red face Putting pace car body kit and wing on 02 MCSS. Help???

I currently have the surfboard style spoiler on my monte carlo ss and I have a friend that's selling me a whole trunk from a tony stewart edition with the pace car wing. He's also selling me the back lip from the body kit that bolts on to the back bumper. And there's a dismantler that's parting out a jeff gordon edition near my house and I'm looking to get the front lip from that monte. my friend is only charging me $80 for the wing and the back lip. I havent got a price from the dismantler but im sure it wont be too expensive.

well down to the point, I was just wondering if the pace car body kits have different side skirts than the ones that the monte carlo ss already comes with. To me they look very similar, but im not too sure if theyre different.
Does anyone know if they are?
And if theyre different, do you guys think it will look ugly or off?Im looking for opinions.!

Thanks!!

Old 11-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

the monte carlo ss with high sport package has the same sideskirts as the pace cars, not having that high sport package was on option thought heres the highsport.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Well Mike on here doesn't have the true side skirts on his car yet...

as you can see comparing mine vs his there is a difference. It doesn't look horrible but it does look a bit strange since the front & rear lips kinda flare out like the real side skirts are suppose to whereas the stock ss side skirts dont. Hopefully these pics kinda help you see the difference in shape & stance of em

Old 11-25-2010, 01:09 PM

well thanks for the answer and the pictures you guys!

unfortunately, im unable to put the high sport body kit on my monte. The 02 monte carlo ss body kit comes completely attached to the front and back bumpers.Like, theyre a part of the bumper, not just a screw off like the high sport kit. I was curios tho, how did mike get his on?

Old 11-25-2010, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 02montecSS

unfortunately, im unable to put the high sport body kit on my monte. The 02 monte carlo ss body kit comes completely attached to the front and back bumpers.Like, theyre a part of the bumper, not just a screw off like the high sport kit. I was curios tho, how did mike get his on?
they can come off i think it depends on the year possibly tho?

Old 11-25-2010, 09:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by 02montecSS

Mike's was originally a Jeff Gordon edition so yeah. It got totaled & he hasn't got the money for the real side skirts yet. The JG Monte came with the body kit. & I thought they could be put on? Maybe not though

Old 11-25-2010, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member

theyre held on by little clips, you have to make holes in an ls bumper to make the ground effects connect and work

Old 11-25-2010, 11:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2009

You will have to cut 13 slots for the tabs to fit thru the bumper. Then you will need 13 clips and 7 screws that hold the part on from the bottom. Also you will need 4 rivets where the lip attaches to the inner fender. Here are a couple of pics what the slots will look like.

Attached Thumbnails Putting pace car body kit and wing on 02 MCSS. Help???-p4160104.jpg   Putting pace car body kit and wing on 02 MCSS. Help???-p4160103.jpg  
Old 01-31-2011, 12:42 AM

I know im bringing up a very old post, but i finally got my complete boy kit and trunk w/ spoiler and ready to convert to a pace car. The lip kit is white and the car is silver so i will need to paint it. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get the kit color match and installed?I was told that you can shave off the inserts and mount the skirts by using the screws only?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:35 PM

any sugguestion from anyone?
I want to get them painted an put on by the end of this week
please help?
I just want to know if its true that theyll work if i were to shave the inserts to mount the pieces.Or do i relally need someone to make holes on my bumpers?

Quick Reply: Putting pace car body kit and wing on 02 MCSS. Help???