Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

power steering recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Endo
Just throwing out there that my '05 was just running low on PS fluid a few weeks ago. Like someone said earlier in this thread, the only reason for PS fluid to be low is a leak. I'm gonna call that number now just to check it out. I'm sure I'm SOL since mine's an '05. Can't hurt to try, right?
OHIO stand up(had to get that out) but call a close dealer and tell them you heard about a recall and give them your vin. they will tell you if your vin is included

Old 02-15-2010, 06:03 PM

Funny my car is in the shop right now getting the power steering pump replaced. They didn't say anything about a leak, but it's not a chevy dealer so they may be unaware of this situation...I wouldn't care either way but I have to pay a hundred dollar deductible with my warranty. Would this recall pay for the pump if it was a result of a leak?

Old 02-16-2010, 08:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My Dad never got a letter in the mail, but he called up and his was effected. I would recommend everyone call just to be sure and get the work done.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:16 PM

I called two of the local dealers in Illinois today. They both said that my vin didnt have a recall open. I wonder why that is? I am going to replace it myself if they wont.

2006 Monte Carlo SS

Old 03-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Default Need info about power steering on 06 Monte Carlo

My 06 Monte Carlo is having the same problems and I haven't received a letter but, my husband is going to repair the hose that has the leak but when I went to the parts store thety didn't have anything available for our car. Can any one tell me what size or type of hose I may need( haven't taken it apart to check size as both need car for work) heard in a forum someone did it their self with general hose from auto parts store.... I really need the size and anything else anyone can help me with. Thanks alot Diane

Old 03-02-2010, 07:26 PM

hay dian its under the recall if they say its not when your at the dealer get the general manager and tell him it is all over the news and be loud about it so every one can hear. the recall is even on the news now about the recall on our model and a couple of models the impalla and a few others. the impalla is the sam power train as the 06-07 monte carlo's so it is under that recall.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:30 PM

remember every one that has the 06-07 monty carlo the impalla is under a mass recall for the power steering. the monte carlo falls under the mass impally recall. if the dealer said no over the phone go to the dealer and be loud about it and say it was on the news. wich it was on the news today. so if the chevy dealer said no contact gm them selfs and say the dealer wont fix my recall and make sure you tell the gm phone rep who told you no at the dealer and tell the gm rep the general managers name as well the one's who told you no there was not a recall will be fired then and there.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:33 PM

if there is some people here knows that i had trouble with some dealers where i live and when i cotacted the gm custimer service line and told who the general manager and the service writers were they got fired and i have now for as long as i own my monte carlo free work and parts from that dealer. so do not let the dealer ships roll you over the owner of the dealer ship needs to know as well after you contact the gm custimer service line from gm them selfs.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:24 PM

hubby just fixed the power steering return hose. a 6in. piece of hose & 2 clamps and 30 minutes of his time for something the dealer said they would have to schedule an appointment for next week.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow, it was that easy? I still have to get mine into the shop to get it fixed!

Quick Reply: power steering recall