Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Power Steering Fail - Mr. Burns was bleeding

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:41 PM

Rickakated, you should try calling another dealer and giving them your vin to see if it is covered. I can not imagine that yours wouldn't be. we have the same car, and mine was covered. I am in grand rapids, michigan, so i can't imagine we have that much colder climate than you have. The whole thing is strange.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rickakated, did you ever notice it leaking before this happened? I received a letter and have yet to get it replaced and it is leaking, but I was told just make sure it had fluid in it. I guess it is not as bad as yours was but, since it is a pressurized system, if it gets worse it could blow-out anywhere? The reason I'm asking is because I drive on the PA turnpike (10 minutes or so) and I would really hate to have it go out when doing 65+ miles per hour, it would probably terrify the crap out of me and be very unsafe at that speed! After what you have posted I need to get this taken care of before it lets go, I guess I'm running on borrowed time right now (2 months) since it was checked at my local Meineke, my letter also states that I have until Feb of 2011 to get it fixed, but I don't think I'll be waiting that long, thanks for all your great info on this...

Old 03-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by LuSe4
Rickakated, you should try calling another dealer and giving them your vin to see if it is covered. I can not imagine that yours wouldn't be. we have the same car, and mine was covered. I am in grand rapids, michigan, so i can't imagine we have that much colder climate than you have. The whole thing is strange.
It doesn't matter any more. I didn't have to pay for it because I have bumper to bumper coverage until the end of May. If I did have to pay for it I would have made a big deal out of it.
Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
Rickakated, did you ever notice it leaking before this happened? I received a letter and have yet to get it replaced and it is leaking, but I was told just make sure it had fluid in it. I guess it is not as bad as yours was but, since it is a pressurized system, if it gets worse it could blow-out anywhere? The reason I'm asking is because I drive on the PA turnpike (10 minutes or so) and I would really hate to have it go out when doing 65+ miles per hour, it would probably terrify the crap out of me and be very unsafe at that speed! After what you have posted I need to get this taken care of before it lets go, I guess I'm running on borrowed time right now (2 months) since it was checked at my local Meineke, my letter also states that I have until Feb of 2011 to get it fixed, but I don't think I'll be waiting that long, thanks for all your great info on this...
I didn't notice anything leaking. It just all of a sudden cracked and puddled out. Pretty strange, but I'm glad it's fixed.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
I didn't notice anything leaking. It just all of a sudden cracked and puddled out. Pretty strange, but I'm glad it's fixed.
thanks man, I appreciate all the info that you have posted.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
thanks man, I appreciate all the info that you have posted.
No problem. That's what we're all here for. Good luck with getting yours fixed.