Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

piecing my front end together (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default piecing my front end together (pics)

Hi there, I rarely use this site since I haven't really been motivated enough to get my monte carlo back on the road until recently. I have an 85 SS Monte I bought a couple years ago which has a salvage title since the guy I bought it from had bought it from a boneyard but neither of us have pieced it back together to get it legally driven on the road. I have refused to sell it even though I don't work on it because that's just how much I love these cars. I need your guys help though. The front end is missing a few pieces, and I have to put the headlights and the housings back in which I took apart a year or so ago but never put them back in so I probably forgot how exactly. Nice move, I know. My problem is I don't know how the whole front end is supposed to look and what pieces I am missing but I have nothing to bolt my headlight housings to, and nothing really supporting the front end and the bumper as it kinda just dangles there. I'm hoping you guys have pictures or spare parts even....of your front ends and know exactly what I need. If you could, I'd greatly appreciate your guys help, so thank you in advance to anyone!

I found this from searching Ebay for Monte Carlo parts and there's quite a few pictures, somewhat useful i guess. Here's the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/83-88...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by joyRiDe_; 07-18-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

here's another picture if it helps aid in any useful advice...thank you!

i basically just need to know what pieces to the puzzle i'm missing to get this thing back to stock form since it's missing a few things. That way, I can take it to the state patrol to get it all legal and ready to drive again....Appreciate it!!