General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Southeastern Monte Carlo Club get together

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Default Southeastern Monte Carlo Club get together

For those of you located in Florida a couple of us members with the Southeastern Monte Carlo Club are meeting up at Old Town in Kissimmee, FL for their cruise in, on friday, may 4th. Kinda short notice i know. We will have a member or 2 arriving at 5pm when they allow cars to come in to get our spots. We are predominantly based on 4th gen. montes, but all monte owners are welcome and encouraged to come hang out with us. If your interested in coming to hang out with us my email is jlmontess84@yahoo.com

Old 05-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Default RE: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club get together

[align=center]Hi Justin & Welcome 2 the MCF[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wish I could attend, but I have to work : ([/align][align=center]Please post some pic's and tell us how the show was.[/align][align=center]I really want to try the G-Force : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]G-FORCE - Competitive Drag Racing[/align][align=center]GO from 0 - 110 mph in 2 seconds or less !!![/align][align=center] 2 CAR - 2 PERSON RACING. TEST YOUR SKILLS![/align]

[hr][align=center]
[b][font=arial][color=#ffffff][size=5]
NCRS Corvette Car Show - Hot Time In Old Town FLORIDA[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Celebrating Corvette's heritage at the NCRS Florida Winter Regional Corvette Car Show [/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center][/align][align=center]Photography: Walt Thurn , GM Archive Vette Magazine
For most Corvette owners, winter is a good time to store their pride and joy in a warm garage and wait until spring before hitting the road again. By January, these owners usually are getting a case of spring fever. It's no surprise, then, that many enjoy heading south to attend the annual NCRS Florida Winter Regional Corvette show. For the second year in a row, the meet was held at Old Town, a '50s-theme facility near Walt Disney World.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][size=3]The primary purpose of the NCRS (National Corvette Restorers Society) is to certify the authenticity of Corvettes built from 1953 to 1991. Judges are trained to specialize in one generation: C1 ('53-'62), C2 ('63-'67), C3 ('68-'82), or C4 ('84-'91). They award points for the originality of each car, up to a maximum of 100. Three levels of certificates-Third Flight, Second Flight, and Top Flight-are awarded based on the number of points a car receives. A Top Flight certificate requires 94 to 100 percent of the total points available and is highly sought after by owners of older Corvettes.
This year, we spotted two particularly interesting entries among the assembled cars. The first was a '57 ex-factory fuel-injected roadster that had been in storage for 46 years. Joe Trybulec purchased the car in 2002, and he's been careful to preserve this important piece of Corvette history. The car was raced at Nassau, Daytona, and Sebring before being retired in 1958. It was driven by NASCAR great Paul Goldsmith and legendary Corvette racer Dr. D. Thompson.
The second car that caught our eye was a Hugger Orange '69 ZL1 roadster. Owner John Maher purchased it new when he worked for Gulf Oil Corporation in Pittsburgh. This is one of only two all-aluminum 427 Corvettes built by the factory. It's equipped with an automatic transmission, making it even more unusual. Both Maher's '69 and Trybulec's '57 are real time capsules of a bygone era of Corvette performanc
[color=#0000ff]Besides being in a beautiful location, the show also offered a large swap meet and for-sale corral. The annual Mecum auction

Old 05-01-2007, 04:23 PM

hmm "the count of monte carlo".... that is my myspace name and my name in other forums... quite interesting. wish i could attend but wayyyyyyyyyyyy too short of a notice. but do post pics and let us know about it

Old 05-01-2007, 05:53 PM

heh, my name on montecarloss.com is count of monte carlo84... I've had it for over 2 years now I think, but I'm sure tons of people have similar sn's and stuff