Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Passenger Seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Default Passenger Seat

This might be in the wrong place to post this. If so.. sorry. =/

Ok, here goes.

A friend was getting out of the back seat of my 2000 MC SS. He only pushed the little **** half ways and ended up breaking the guts of the latching system that keeps the seat from coming forward on its own. So know the back of the seat moves on its own.

Does anyone know what part it is that makes you push that little black **** so someone can get into the back seat. If you know the part number, that would make it alot easier.

Thanks
- Cimber

Old 04-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Default RE: Passenger Seat

The cheapest way to fix it the problem, check the junk yards your area for the latch, if not GM parts department at your local dealer

Old 04-15-2007, 08:48 PM

Welcome to MCF Shawn!

X2 on Mrrench.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:10 PM

Does your guys seats.. the back of them move without using that button in the back of the seats? They both move without using the latch. I just bought it, so I am taking it to see what they can do.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:12 PM

No, they wiggle slightly, but don't open on their own.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:30 PM

what year is your car?
mine will not move with out me releaseing them
as faras the part that allows it to move forward it is a cabel in the 03 cars atleast adn they ahve had to replace the one in my car once for not releasing /

If this is the case you can get the parts threw the dealer or go out and find another monte or even a grand am has the same seats on certin years as our car or the luminas on the 5th gen cars and others then pull the seat from one of them. if you can tfind the color your looking for then take any one of them that is the saem seat azs yours and pull your custion and seat cover off the frame and put it on that frame and your good to go.

Good luck
And welcome!!

Old 04-18-2007, 01:45 AM

The real P.I.T.A is the new 06-07 seats. They relocated the button much higher, which is a pain because I'm used to it being much lower and always reach too low, then, after putting them back to the normal position they revert to the fully upright so you have to re-adjust it back to your preferred position.... EVERY SINGLE TIME> it's very annoying.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:12 PM

I agree I have an '06 SS and I hate that the seatbacks don't go back to their original position when moved. Also the mechinism is very stiff on mine. I lifted the **** up one time and the tab flew off the lever. Thought I broke it, but it snaped back on again. Also wouldn't it be nice if they were power recline too! Wish the passenger seat were power also, but then I guess it wouldn't have the nifty "easy entry" feature then. Oh well!

Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 PM

seei hate the fact that they have the recline button in the place they do ion the 03 cars. everyone grabs it to get in to the back seat[:@][:@]Instead of waiting tow seconds for me to reach back there and hit the right one .
I actually put a sticky not on it at one time so the wife would stop allowing the seat to folp forward so hard all the time Becuse in her car that is the rear seat release to get in her back seats.

As far as the power seats deal. If you can figure out what other cars ahve the same floor pans or at least the same size seats in tehm you can take the power track off of one and remount it in your car with the seat that you have now and it will work fine. Actually you can call most boneyards tha tknow what they are and ask if they have the power seat for the pax side on a monte carlo.

OH HOW I WOULD LOVE TO GET MY HANDS ON A CROSS OVER MANUAL!!!!