Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   Oxy Acetylene or Arc? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/oxy-acetylene-arc-520/)

04MonteLS 06-15-2005 04:44 AM

RE: Oxy Acetylene or Arc?

ORIGINAL: mickey

new sig. ......... !em etib os cixelsiD ma I

hope that helps ya some LOL

LMAO

That's classic stuff right there!;)

SoCalSS 06-16-2005 02:35 AM

It's actually this little auto shop in reno called Nevada Auto Works, the guy who owns it is a buddy of mine, I'm not sure who makes it.

mickey 06-16-2005 10:40 AM

when you get a chance could you find out for me?
I really would liek to make this thing tighter.I plan to do the spings this summer t lowere it some but fear the scrapage ( think that is how you put it)

SoCalSS 06-16-2005 12:27 PM

Yeah, you have to watch out for that scrapage. its killer.

warpath 06-29-2005 04:48 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

welding 101

If yo have a arc welder then go get teh mig attachment for it then make sre it stays where you put it
lso use some heat sink clay and pack the area so that yo suck that heat out of there you dont want to destroy the metal harness in that area by getting it to hot and taking the temper out of it

Now in a pinch you could use your arc welder just pack it with the clay and weld fast.
but all three will hold them in place
oxy/acetylene is a slower weld soit makes more heat and cuses more warpage tot eh metal and also can take the temper out of the metal faster

Arc welding is a faster weld so you can add th heat to wqeld it in and get in and out fast to allow les damage from the heat

MIG puts the heat right where ya need it and will weld and penitrate he metal faster and better then any of the other two will

good luck

well i learned something here

CMC 06-29-2005 06:33 AM

He's having a Sway Bar Bracket made, so I'm thinking he's going to be using some small round tube steel. That's if he's refering to the sway bar endlink as a bracket, he might actually be talking about the bracket for the endlink itself, then he'd be dealing with at least 1/8" plate steel. So he has no worries about warping the metal either way. No need for welding clay.

If he's getting this done at an auto-body shop chances are they should have stand alone MIG welders and acetylene torches. But the torches in an auto-body shop are mostly used for cutting. But regaurdless MIG would be the best route for what he wants to do. And when it comes down to it only two types of welding should be done in the automotive field, MIG and TIG.

So ah, MIG weld the brackets man.

BTW, would this be a good place to let everyone know I'm a certified welder as well? [8D]

mickey 06-29-2005 07:07 AM

nope terreabel place ;)

warpath 06-30-2005 03:39 AM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

you are way too sensitive

Let's see, you tell someone they need spelling 101 and his response was him being way too sensitive??????????????????????

I've had just about enough of your negative comments. If you cant say something nice, please keep your comments to yourself!!!!!!!!!

TVW
amen

04MonteLS 06-30-2005 04:56 AM

ORIGINAL: warpath

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

I've had just about enough of your negative comments. If you cant say something nice, please keep your comments to yourself!!!!!!!!!
amen

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...ies/violin.gif

mickey 06-30-2005 06:01 AM

first off please keep me out of this argument I have delt with him and his attitude before and dont want to wast my tiem doing it again.

but i will say one thing on this

04 you are just standing there sitring the pot all the time .

now there are times i have agreed with you and not with you

But the comment about a mans military carrer was one i defently do not agree with at all.
unless you have been in the service i would back off that one. it is not even close to being cool to start on that one in the borad or any other. you can have your own opion just dont put it out here for all to read on that subject.

i have said my peice
kicking soap box to the corner for the next time/